By: Haylee Robinett
My name is Haylee Robinett and I am a student at Fort Osage. I would like to be a pediatrician nurse when I get older. I would love to help kids that are sick.
Must haves to be a pediatrician nurse-
- have a high school diploma or equivalent
- have a bachelor’s degree
- graduate from medical school
- complete an internship
- pass a state licensing exam
- complete a residency program in pediatrics
- pass additional exams to become board certified
Working conditions -
- Have a high level of social interaction. They constantly talk with patients, parents, and medical staff.
- Always work indoors.
- Must be very exact and accurate in performing their job. This is very important because very serious mistakes could risk patients' health.
- Work more than 40 hours per week.
Earn $181,270 per year
10 year growth -
More slowly than average
Pediatric Nursing at UI Children's Hospital
Core classes to help with this career-
Electives to help with this career-
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Computer Applications
- Food and Nutrition
- Foreign Language
- Introduction to Health Care
- Safety and First Aid