November 14, 2015
We are almost done with our Science unit, and will be moving onto Social Studies in December. We will have a VEX class competition. I will try to get video footage uploaded to our Parent Haiku page. What a neat time to be a child and teacher. I've definitely had to learn how to problem solve with our STEM lab project!
- Types of angles (focused on acute, obtuse, right)
- How to use a protractor (Yes, they need more practice on this then you'd think.)
- Tessellations by Mrs. Gerke and Mr. Krupp
- Multi-step story problems
Main Text: The Ch'i-lin Purse
Genre: Folk tales
Comprehension Skills: Compare and Contrast and Story Structure
Paired Text: Phan Ku
Writing: Adverb sentence pattern and paraphrasing
Spelling for November 20th
Vocab for November 20th
Greek and Latin Roots for December 1st
- Conferences are November 23rd and 24th. Please email or call me if you need to set up a time. If you will be out of town, I'd still love to meet with you at another time to discuss your son/daughter's progress in 5th grade.
- School Store every Tuesday
- Save the Date for our Fifth Grade Concert on Tuesday, March 22nd
- Please return the Pre-Conferenc Survey (Yes, I do read them).
- Report Cards go home Friday, the 20th