Anna Yates Elementary Newsletter
Beginning The New Year With Continued Collaboration!
Welcome back! I hope your winter break and holiday season was filled with happiness, health, and safety. As we return back to school after our weeks long break, I am excited to continue supporting learning as a community and in collaboration by continuing with:
- Arriving on time; instruction begins as soon as the bell rings at 8:30 a.m. and our goal is to maximize learning time
- Arriving in uniform; we will be calling home if students are not in uniform daily
- Following up on work and programmatic completion; accountability helps ensure that students maximize their time on task and towards meeting their weekly goals for iReady, MyOn or RazKids, and Zearn
- Continuing to work towards Parent/Teacher Conference goals; whether the areas of support and growth were behavioral or academic, to continue to work in partnership with the classroom teacher to work towards those goals will allow for us to maximize learning during Semester 2.
- Support nightly reading; students should be reading a minimum of 20 minutes per night, depending on the grade level
- Ask how you can volunteer; we will have a parent committee meeting mid month and we hope to see you there as we plan schoolwide events and initiatives!
Thank you for all do!
Watch To See Who Was Celebrated As The Trimester 1 Teacher's Award Students!
Covid Testing Prior To Returning: Jan 3
While we recommended testing your child on Saturday, December 30 and today, Monday, January 2, in an effort to supporting a safe and healthy return to school, this is optional and not mandatory before arriving back to school Tuesday, January 3rd.
If your child receives negative test results and is asymptomatic, they may return to school (no need to show us the results).
If your child receives one or more positive test results or is symptomatic, please keep your child home and contact the school.
New Lunch Time Recess Options: Starting the Week of Jan 9
Grades 3-5: Kala Art Club Sessions Every Monday
Grades 3-5: Board Games Every Wednesday
Grades 2-5: Dance Sessions Every Friday
Coffee with the Principals: Jan 20
District Awards Night: Jan 26
Absent Or Tardy? Connect With The Office
The following reasons are the only reasons we can excuse absences are:
- illness of pupil
- medical or dental appointment
- funeral of family member
- mental health
- religious holiday
Call the office 510-601-4917 or 510-601-4918 (leave a voicemail if we do not answer).
Clear absences for EVERY day that is missed, especially if the days are consecutive.
The office can only clear absences up to 3 days after the absence happens.