Week five, looking alive!
Apply to be a Student Director! Deadline Friday!
Signing up for your Success Meeting?
Make sure that your Google Calendar has the right time zone setting!
Looking for a chance to volunteer with children? Come help tutor the student athletes of the Oyster Point Youth Sports Association Monday and Tuesday nights from 6-8 pm! Mondays will be at the Grissom Library (366 Deshazor Dr, Newport News, VA 23608) and Tuesdays will be held at the Main Street Library (110 Main St, Newport News, VA 23601).
If you are interested, please email email@example.com to get more information on volunteering!
If you have not already, please log on to mycnuengage.org and create your profile! You will use this site to log your service hours, as well as to enroll in the Service Distinction Program (run through the Center for Community Engagement)!
Check out the Engagement Opportunities document for more information about service events. If you know of another qualifying event you'd like advertised, fill out a Service Submission Form at least two weeks before the day of the event!
Make sure you keep track of the passports you attend so that you can log them in your End of the Year Report in the Spring! You do not have to log them until the end of the spring semester.
Upcoming Passport Destinations:
- Luter Lecture Series: "GPA Aside: Five Non-Academic Skills Essential for a Successful Career in Business"; September 22 at 6pm; Gaines
- Getting Your House in Order: September 23 at 12:30 pm; Pope Chapel
- Annual Constitution Day Debate: Cell Phones, Social Media, and Civil Rights: The Constitutional Limits of Data Mining; September 26 at 4 pm; Gaines
- DebateWatch 2016; September 26 at 9 pm; Gaines Theater, the Center for Community Engagement (DSU) and the common rooms in Warwick, Potomac and Santoro
- Healthy Foundations: Fitness and Exercise Basics; September 27 at 12:30; Freeman Center, Trieshmann Health and Fitness Pavilion, Multipurpose Room 1
- Managing Conflict: September 27 at 3:30 pm; DSU Harrison Room
- Hispanic Film Series Discussion: September 27 at 7:30 pm; McM 101
- "Leadership: Standing Strong Outside the Comfort Zone"; September 28 at noon; Luter 347
- L.A.D.I.E.S.: Senator Locke Keynote Speaker; September 28 at 7:30 pm; DSU Washington Room
- Get Out of Your Own Way with Joel Núñez (CAB); September 28 at 8 pm; Gaines
To view a calendar of approved Passport Destinations, click the button above. Then you can copy events you'd like to attend to your calendar.
This button will take you to a Google Sheet listing all of the approved passport events divided based on topic rather than date.
Leadership: Standing Strong Outside the Comfort Zone
Underclassmen: Sign Up for Your Success Meetings!
The Office of Counseling Services is an amazing resource when you are feeling stressed or hoping to improve your lifestyle! Check out these helpful events (that also count as Passport Destinations!):
Connecting on Campus: Managing Conflict - September 27th at 3:30pm in the DSU Harrison Room
Getting Out of the Happiness Trap: How to Accept Disappointment in the Pursuit of Happiness - September 29th at 12:30pm in Forbes 2070C