SANTA SUSANA HIGH SCHOOL
YOUR SCHOOL OF CHOICE
IS SANTA SU RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Smaller student body than most comprehensive high schools
- Supportive and friendly staff
- A culture of motivated learners
- Welcoming, connected, and kind student body
- High-level, relevant, and rigorous learning experiences
- A visual and performing arts program like no other
- We offer 37 different Advanced Placement and Honors Courses
Below are just a few of our programs of interest.
- MOCK TRIAL - Nationally ranked team
- ROBOTICS - Competes at the state level
- PRE-MEDICAL ACADEMY - Hands-on, real-world experiences
- VOCAL/CHOIR - Nationally recognized
- THEATER - Broadway style musicals
- PRODUCTION & MANAGERIAL ARTS - Student run our Performing Arts Center
- DIGITAL GRAPHICS - A nationally recognized academy
- DANCE - Recognized by the state as a program of excellence
- INSTRUMENTAL - High honors at regional festivals
- EXPLORE WEBSITE FOR MANY MORE PROGRAMS AND ACADEMIES
TAKE A TOUR AND LEARN MORE
We'd like to invite you and your family to tour our campus, talk with our staff, and see our students in action. We have tours scheduled for the dates listed below.
SCHOOL OF CHOICE- HOW IT WORKS!
- Take a tour (not required).
- Complete the School of Choice Application on our website. This is due by February 28th.
- Families will be notified by March 3rd of their acceptance.
- Once accepted, complete both the Enrollment Checklist and Enrollment Packet.
- For students not currently in a SVUSD school, click here to learn more about steps to complete.
- If interested in Performing Arts, visit link for information. Auditions will be held on Saturday, March 14th (this is a date change from what was originally communicated).
- Attend Future Troubadour Day on March 11th. This is an afternoon and evening event. When accepted, students are provided more information about next steps and course registration. Information and details will be sent home when students are accepted.
- Attend Q and A night with the counselors and administrators on March 19th. This is an additional event for anyone who may still have questions.
YOU'RE INVITED TO OUR EVENTS
NOV 21- Musical Theatre Godspell*
NOV 22- Musical Theatre Godspell*
NOV 23- Musical Theatre Godspell*
DEC 6- Dance Show A Night in New York City*
DEC 7- Dance Show A Night in New York City*
DEC 13- Instrumental and Vocal Music Show Winterscape*
DEC 14- Instrumental and Vocal Music Show Winterscape*
JAN 8- Road Show at Valley View (During school day)
JAN 9- Road Show at Hillside (During school day)
JAN 10- Road Show at Sinaloa (During school day)
JAN 22 - Home Show/Open House (Evening Event for Incoming Families)
FEB 6-8 - Children's Theater Spring Show*
FEB 6-8 - Children's Theater Spring Show*
FEB 29 - STEAM EXPO (Community Event)
MAR 5-7 - Play Production: "Peter and the Starcatcher"*
MAR 12-14 - Band Festival*
APR 23-25 & 30 - Mary Poppins Musical*
MAY 1-2 - Mary Poppins Musical*
MAY 8-9 - Dance Show: An American in Paris*
MAY 15-16 - Choir Show: Cafe Troubadour*
MAY 20-21 - Instrumental Show: Under the Stars*
MAY 22 - Filmstock Show*
*Tickets required for starred performances. Special pricing for students. Visit our webstore.
HOMESHOW AND ROADSHOW
A number of our students and teachers from Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and Engineering Sciences visit each of the middle schools so 7th and 8th graders can learn more about our school.
- Valley View - January 8
- Hillside - January 9
- Sinaloa - January 10
HOMESHOW and OPEN HOUSE
We would like to invite all interested families to our Homeshow and Open House when we will have all of our teachers and student clubs available to meet incoming families. Each of our departments will be showcasing their programs and learning experiences. Families will get a chance to talk with teachers, students, and staff from our Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Engineering Sciences, Mock Trial, and many more.
Wednesday, January 22nd (5:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Absolutely, all students are welcome. We have students attend from all three middle schools, as well as transfers from private schools and outside of the district.
2. I live outside Simi Valley. How do I enroll in SSHS?
- For out-of-district applicants, an inter-district permit from the district of residence will be required at the March registration night. Therefore, parents should apply for this permit upon acceptance to SSHS.
3. If the school is at capacity how does SSHS determine admission for acceptance?
- Should we receive more applications than there are spaces available, a lottery will be conducted to determine acceptance.
4. Do I have to be in Performing or Visual Arts to attend?
- No. We offer nationally and state recognized programs in academics, such as Mock Trial, Robotics, as well as visual and technological arts. We offer certifications in a number of our academies in STEM.
5. If I go to Hillside am I automatically enrolled in SSHS for the 2020-2021 school year?
- No. All students who are interested in attending SSHS need to complete the School of Choice Application.
6. Does SSHS have a Pre-med Academy?
- Yes. Click this link for more information.
7. If I complete the School of Choice Application after February 28th will I still be able to attend SSHS?
- Families who complete the School of Choice Application after the due date will be placed on a waitlist. Their acceptance status would be contingent on space after that point in time. The application has a timestamp when completed. Students will be placed on a waitlist in the order the application is submitted after February 28th.
8. My son/daughter would like to play sports, does SSHS offer any athletic programs?
- SSHS does not have sports. Two years of Physical Education is required. Students can satisfy this requirement through traditional PE, dance, yoga, or entertainment ensemble band class.
9. What clubs does SSHS offer for students to join?
- A full list of Student Clubs can be found on our website.
10. Who do I contact if I have questions about a specific program, club, or academy on campus?
11. How do we support students who need additional help?
- There are a number of ways we do this. Many of which take place in the classroom. Academic and Career Exploration (ACE) is built in time during the bell schedule for teachers to work with students. In addition, we offer peer tutoring everyday after school.
12. What is the bell schedule at SSHS?
- The Bell Schedule can be found on our website.
Mr. Matt Guzzo - Principal
Mrs. Cindy Fernandes - Assistant Principal
Mr. Jason Quartararo - Assistant Principal
Mrs. Teri Hypes - Office Manager
SSHS COUNSELING DEPARTMENT
Ms. Devyn Thompson - Last Name A-F
Mrs. Lisa Hotz - Last Name G-N
Ms. Kelsey McMahon - Last Name O-Z
Mrs. Gloria Banks - Student Registrar
Mrs. Sue Petralia- Counseling Secretary