By: Audrey Taylor
| || |
2. Worked for the school newspaper in high school which was called, Trapeze and Tabula.
3. Until the age of 6, Ernest was dressed like a girl by his mother.
4. In 1918 he served as an ambulance driver during World War I for the Italian Army.
5. Received the Italian Silver Medal of Bravery for serving in the war.
6. He was severely injured in the war and had to go to numerous hospitals.
7. He was a great sportsman and liked to be like soldiers, hunters, and bullfighters.
8. Working as a journalist for the Kansas City Star helped him become a prose style writer.
9. Believed that suffering made the human spirit strong
10. Awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1954
11. Survived 2 plane crashes but got injured from them.
12. During a fishing trip he got third degree burns which was a little after recovering from the plane crash.
13. Diagnosed with inherent depression which made him prone to suicide.
14. His house, at Key West became a mansion.
15. Hemingway had four wives in all his life.
16. His novel, The Old Man in the Sea won the Pulitzer Prize in 1954.
17. His mental health was not stable but continued to drink alcohol which made his depression worse.
18. F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest became really close friends and he became inspired to write larger texts.
19. His novels take place in France, Spain, Italy, Cuba, or Key West.
20. Committed suicide on July 2, 1961 in Ketchum, Idaho.
Mini BIO - Ernest Hemingway