Pickerington Tiger Sharks
Welcome to the 2022 Season for the Pickerington Tiger Sharks
Good Afternoon PTS Family!
We are so excited to kick of this season with all of you. With the end of the school year approaching, we are excited to get everyone back in the pool.. This email will contain A LOT of pertinent information for the season: practices times, meets, spirit wear, just to name a few. PLEASE read all the way through to the end.
Please note, there will be two Parent Meeting options to get your questions answered before the start of the season. Only need to attend one, but attendance is highly suggested.
- May 24th at 10am - Zoom
- May 26th at 7pm - Zoom
We are also in search of a Fourth of July parade coordinator. You will receive 2 credit hours of the required 3 if you choose to help. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in this position.
Want to get your volunteer credits, take the officials training on May 18th at 6:30pm at the Moundbuilders Country Club at 6:30pm. More information to follow.
Thank you in advanced for listening to my TED talk ;)
Practice Times (Please note start times)
Practices Start Tuesday May 31st
Monday - Friday
11 and up: 7:00am - 8:00am
10 and under: 7:50am - 8:45am
Dryland Practices will be at the discretion of the coach if we have to cancel due to rain. These are not scheduled into the practice season. Swimmers will need to wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes to do an out of water practice.
As a reminder: We have the pool for a shorter amount of time this year. In order to adhere with safety guidelines, we want to make sure the swimmers have an adequate amount of time in the pool to practice. Please make note of arrival times, we need to start on time to ensure a quality practice. (This is subject to change slightly if the pool gets more lifeguards)
*Coach Alex will most likely cancel practices on the Thursdays after Wednesday night meets.
Swim Meets (Dates and Locations)
Saturday June 11: Home against Valley View, arrival time approx. 6:45am, end time 10:30/11am
Saturday June 18: @Groveport (TriMeet with Granville and Groveport) - warm up at 7:00am, end time 11/11:30am
Saturday June 25: Pickerington Tri Meet - Home against Chevington Woods and Huntington Hills - arrival time approx. 6:45am, end time approx. 11:45am
Saturday July 2: Home against Canal Winchester - arrival time approx. 6:45am, end time approx. 10:30/11am
Wednesday July 6: @Bexley, arrival time approx. 4:30pm, end time approx. 9:00/9:30pm
Wednesday July 13: @Pataskala - arrival time approx. 4:30pm, end time approx. 9:00/9:30pm
Champs July 20th - @Dresden, Swim times TBD. Must swim in 3 regular season meets to participate in this end of year event. Rain date - July 21st
More details to follow closer to meet dates.
Important Upcoming Dates
Please add these events and practice changes to your calendars:
- May 1st - Registration Ends
- May 18th - Officials Training
- May 24th at 10am - Zoom Parent Meeting Option 1
- May 26th at 7pm - Zoom Parent Meeting Option 2
- May 31st - Practice Begins
- July 22nd - End of Season Banquet
Swimsuits, Caps, Volunteers, and FAQs
- Team suits in many sizes on sale and quickly delivered from our SwimOutlet Swim Shop! Convenient shopping for all your swim needs with free shipping on purchases over $49.
- Swim caps will available for purchase at practices for $10 (cash/venmo/cash app).
- Parent Volunteers will be required for meets. Consider getting trained as an official this May. Other important jobs are listed on the website and will need to be filled to run our meets properly.
- We are always looking for sponsors, so if you or anyone you know owns a business and would like information about our sponsorship levels, please contact us.