Meaghan Williams, Hailey Potter, Seth Alsaker, Gerardo Perez
The Camp of Buchenwald:
- Camp was constructed in 1937, it was 5 miles North Weimarand and it was associated with the Buchenwald concentration camp.
- In July of 37' it was only open to males, not females.
- Females weren't apart of it till later in 1942 or early 1944.
- It was divided into 3 parts:
- large camp
- small camp
- tent camp
- The name was given to the camp by Heinrich Himler
- 1941- scientist held medical experiments against contagious diseases (Typhus, Typhoid, eyc.)
The Awakening of Buchenwald:
- April 11th, 1914, starved and weak prisoners stormed the watch tower, later that day the Americans entered Buchenwald finding more then 20,000 people in the camp.
- 1938- 10,000 Jews were sent to Buchenwald.
- Inspector of the concentration camp was an SS General Eicke.
- The goal of Buchenwald was the destruction of prisoners by work.
- Had 87 sub-camps.
- April of 45'- The Germans evacuated 28,000 prisoners from a sub camp.