January 4 - January 8
"Set Sail on a Voyage of Learning!"
Changes Coming to Kindergarten
Beginning Tuesday (January 5th), we will move forward with two kindergarten classes. Mrs. Gardner's students have been split among Mrs. Bishop's and Mrs. Barrs' classes and these parents have been notified through personal phone calls and letter. Mrs. Gardner will remain with us for the next few days to aid in the transition and to help complete report card assessments.
Also, Mrs. Barrs' classroom has relocated to room 214 (Mrs. Gardner's former room). This will allow us to have the two kindergarten classes together on the same hall. Over the next few days, please help us make sure that all our kindergarten students are headed in the right direction.
Upstate Educator Career Fair - February 27th
Please share the following information with anyone you know who interested in certified teaching positions for 2016-2017.
Saturday, February 27th, 2016
9am - 12pm
USC Upstate, CLC Ballroom
Representatives from the seven Spartanburg Districts in conjunction with Cherokee and Union counties will be conducting a career fair for candidates interested in certified teaching positions for 2016/2017.
Free Flu Shots
Events for the Week
Monday, January 4th
- No School for Staff and Students
Tuesday, January 5th
- School Resumes
Wednesday, January 6th
- 8:30am - Principals' Meeting - DO (C. Davis)
Thursday, January 7th
- 2:30pm - Science Fair Parent Information Meeting - MES Library
Friday, January 8th
- Spirit Day
- Canvas Unit #1 due
- Jan 11 - Terrific Kid
- Jan 11-12 - Guided Reading Training (Bishop, Hines, Black)
- Jan 12 - End of 2nd Quarter
- Jan 12 - Faculty Meeting
- Jan 13 - Grades due in PowerSchool by 8am
- Jan 13-14 - Guided Reading Training (Garland, Seay, Wells)
- Jan 14 - Grade Corrections due by 3pm
- Jan 15 - Report Cards run and placed in teacher boxes
- Jan 18 - No School - Martin Luther King Holiday
- Jan 19 - Report Cards Issued
- Jan 21 - 2nd Quarter Awards Program
- Jan 26 - Faculty Meeting
- Jan 28 - Math & Science Family Night / MES Science Fair
- Jan 29 - RTI / PBIS Visit from DO
Be sure that you are signed up to receive faculty and staff reminders! *** To receive text messages - text @79284 to 81010 or @79284 to 8644695639 *** To receive messages via email - send an email to email@example.com