Big Top News
Ring Leader Tidbits
~ Just a few reminders of things to make sure and take care of:
1. Start your class affirmations, if you haven't already! This is 3 affirmations per nine weeks!
2. Sign up for committees on the One Note page and update birthdays, and the Sonic list! All of this is found under the Collaboration Space tab in our One Note
3. Sunshine Dues!! Make sure to pay your dues, so we can have some funds for the fun events this year!
4. I still need one more DPAC representative. We must have 2, and no one has volunteered other than Gina. There will be a prize in it for you (you too, Gina!)
~ This year, as we work to implement the drills and work to more adequately prepare for certain types of situations, I would like us to keep parents informed of these events. On days where we have fire drills, storm drills, lockdown drills etc, I would like there to be communication to parents home about it. I feel this will help ease some of the anxiety that parents sometimes feel and will allow them to know that we are taking things seriously at school, by preparing the students. If you have Remind, that might be a great way to inform parents when drills take place, so they can have discussion at home with their students about it and why they're needed. Like I said, this year, the drills will be more specific and related to certain events, so students might like to have discussion at home about the "why" behind the drills.
~ Don't forget about positive office referrals! They're located on the One Note page as well, so make sure to print some off and fill one out on anyone who you see going above and beyond!
- Please make sure to sign the list in the office for the Compliance Bundle! It's on Laura's desk!
- Friday is Granola with Grandparents. The invitations have gone home, and they should be returning them to you. If you still have forms, turn those in ASAP. The doors will open at 7:05 on that Friday in order to allow a few more minutes before the bell rings.
- We will be starting Elk ENGAGE this school year. I'm going to begin this by calling all of our new students to Elkins (1st-5th). I want to do a personal call welcoming them to Elkins. I also want to invite the kids to have lunch with me and Kathleen, so that we can get to know a little about them. What I need from you, is for you to pay attention to the students who may need some additional help. Maybe they've come from a school out of state, and they may be a little behind in a particular area. Maybe you notice they need some social skills or some effective strategies to make new friends. Anything you notice from our new students, is something we can discuss in Care team meetings. We will take that information and work to create groups where the students can go to get some additional assistance, if needed, in particular areas. It's going to be a learning curve, and it's a new approach, but I want to work to make it something that will be worthwhile for our newest students.
- Please make sure your information on the school website is up to date and accurate. You don't have to create a full page, but it is nice to see the schedule posted and/or a little about the teacher. Make sure your name is listed correctly in the campus directory, and if you see any issues, please let me know!
- We will have our first PTA meeting of the year on September 20th at 6:30. We will use this meeting to go over our Title 1 information and pass out the parent involvement policy. Please make sure you have one representative from your grade level at the meeting. Thanks for your support!
Elk of the Month Criteria
Here is this month's focus:
DATES TO REMEMBER
Thursday, September 6th:
- Kori off campus (principal LEAD)
Friday, September 7th:
- Granola with Grandparents (7:10-7:30)
SLO/Goal Setting Meetings this Week
Monday, September 10th:
- CLC: Reading 4th Grade (8:00 am)
- CLC: Reading 5th Grade ( 12:00 pm)
- Staff Meeting: 3:00 pm
Tuesday, September 12th:
- Kathleen out in the morning for meeting
Thursday, September 13th:
- Parent Academy 5:30-6:30
Tuesday, September 18th:
- CLC: Writing 4th Grade (8:00 am)
- CLC: Librarians (12:30 pm)
Thursday, September 20th:
- Individual fall pictures
- Kori off campus at meeting
- Parent Academy 5:30-6:30 pm
- PTA Meeting & Parent Information Night- 6:30 pm
Friday, September 21st:
- Hearing/Vision Screening: Kg, 1st, 3rd, 5th
Tuesday, September 25th:
- Tammie out at meeting
Wednesday, September 26th:
- 5th Grade Science CLC (8:00 am)
Thursday, September 27th:
- Parent Academy 5:30-6:30
Monday, October 1st:
- All staff (REQUIRED) training on 504 at 3:00 pm
Thursday, October 4th:
- Parent Academy 5:30-5:30
Friday, October 5th:
- Early release for parent/teacher conferences at 11:40