The Austin Gazette
October 9, 2023
CISD Bond 2023 Update
Prop A includes infrastructure work at 45 campuses. Projects at these campuses may include addressing chillers, boilers, air handlers, generators, freezer/coolers, roof sections, and electrical service equipment. Safety projects for all campuses are also included in Prop A. These could include door or window glazing, fencing, and security camera updates among other things. Safety projects are approved by the Board of Trustees based on safety recommendations made by the District Safety Committee, which is composed of safety experts and stakeholders from across our community. View campus details and learn more about Bond 2023 at www.conroeisd.net/bond.
Things We're Learning
A Message from our Art Teachers:
Ms. Bartlett is the Box Tops for Education coordinator for our school. Money earned benefits all students as it is used for art supplies and decorating for music programs, etc. All collecting is done through a Box Tops app that can be downloaded from Google Play or Apple store. Look for a letter coming home about the Box Tops program and how it works. The ID for our school is #187770 or you can search Austin Elementary after downloading the app.
How it works:
- Buy Box Tops products, scan your receipt with the Box Tops app within 14 days of purchase and earn for Austin Elementary School with every Box Tops product you buy.
- Refer your friends, family and other parents in the school to download the app. You’ll even get Bonus Box Tops for our school with each referral that successfully scans their first receipt.
- Turn on notifications in your Box Tops app to get scan reminders and stay updated on special offers, new products and opportunities to earn for our school. Go to your Communications Settings by tapping on the person icon in the upper-right corner of the app.
Thank you very much for your support and share the word with family and friends!
Breakfast and Lunch Information
Parent lunch visitors are welcome! There is limited space for parent visitors during lunch. Reserve your place to ensure you will be able to eat with your student. Please sign up using the link below. We ask that you limit your visits to no more than twice a week so other parents have the opportunity to schedule times with their students.
Did you know?
You can receive notifications about your child's bus, including departure and bus stop arrival times? Sign up for the SMART tag Parent Portal!
Please note: replacement SMART tags and lanyards are $2.
Do you need help with translation?
We have several translators available to help you with your language needs:
- Iris Cuevas, Receptionist
- Elena Ayala, Secretary
- Cindy Rubio, Secretary
- Gloria Barrera, Instructional Para
- Brianna Martinez, Clinic Aide
- Egla Reyna, Assistant Principal
Are you following our social media accounts? We often send out helpful reminders, pictures of kids in action, and upcoming events...delivered right to your newsfeed!