Mrs. Baker's Class
What is going on at school?
Math: The students will be learning fractions this week. In second grade we are responsible for laying the foundations of fractions and the common language; such as, equal parts, halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, etc. Students will be using models and hands on tools to work with fractions throughout the week.
Science: The spotlight in science will be natural versus man-made resources. Students will distinguish between natural and man-made resources and provide examples. Mid-week students will investigate materials around the room and compare them.
Reading and Writing: The big idea in reading and writing this week will be a continuation of the culture research project. Students will be completing a "culture gram" on the following cultures: Irish, Japanese, Chinese, and Korea. After reading and investigating 8 different cultures. The kids will write an ALL About book about their favorite culture.
In the Loop
- Thursday, Jan. 17 - Report Cards go home
- Thursday, Jan. 17 - Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night
- Monday, Jan. 21 - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Day - No School
· Six Flags Reading Program
· Please check out the flyer in Thursday Folders about the Six Flags Reading Program. This is an easy way for your child to earn a FREE ticket to Six Flags.
· It is a class goal! If you lost the form, it is on my website too!
· Marathon Kids!Please contact Lindsay Austin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their child's name and shirt size IF they plan to finish? She is needing to order shirts. ASAP. Thank you for your help.