HERO OR TRAITOR
LOUIS RIEL WAS A HERO
- Protected the Metis' rights in Manitoba and the Northwest (Saskatchewan Valley)
- Helped Manitoba join confederation
- Made French an official language
- Kept the Metis and French culture in Canada
Louis Riel Historica Commercial
Louis Riel's last thoughts before being hanged
Louis Riel had thought that he had a "holy vision". The holy vision told him become a prophet for the metis. This claim ended up getting him admitted to a mental hospital by some of his followers.
A Statue of Riel
located on the south grounds of the Legislative Building and was built by the Manitoba Metis Federation.
A quote from riel
There is a celebration on February 17th that celebrates Riel's accomplishments.
MORE REASONS HE WAS A HERO
- Brought attention to the Canadian Pacific Railway
- He wanted the Metis to have equal rights
- Created separate schooling, Protestant and Roman Catholic
- He wanted his people to have all their rights and was willing to do anything so that would happen
Louis Riel Day
Monday, Feb. 16th 2015 at 12:15am-11:45pm
The Celebration of Louis Riel