Weekly Update February 17-21 2014
Remember to make sure we are conducting read alouds daily and questioning our students during this time. I do, we do, you do! At every opportunity, make them think by questioning our students.
Mrs. Riggs will be sending out a Survey Monkey to ascertain your preferance on placement of our Guided Readers. Please vote..
Progress report six goes out this week. Please make contact with our parents if we have a student not being successful. Our parents want and need to know the progress of our students.
School Board Instructional Focus
Our Week To Make a Difference
* Lesson Designs Due
* Presidents' Day
* Textbook Sheet turned in to Mrs. Riggs for Math and Science
* Coldsprings Elementary Visit
* Confianza At SFA
* Board Presentation Pracice 9:00 a.m. at Admin
* Burley Slack School Board Presentation at admin ... Meeting Begins at 6:00 p.m.
* Progress Report 6 go home to students.
* Flex Day-- Team Planning for Literacy Block for all teachers. You may complete this activity in your rooms. Please make sure you are planning with your teams during your Flex day Time.
* Lufkin Fire Department Honor Guard will present to 1st and 2nd Grade about Flag Protocols. This will occur during Flex Day time in the Library. Teachers you will have planning time.
9:00-9:30-- 1st Grade
9:45-10:15-- 2nd Grade in Library
Attendance Last Week
Burley PTA Computer Lab Donation
Thank you PTA and Burley Parents for your hard work for our students.
February -20-- Burely Slack School Board Presentation
February 24-25-- Curriculum Audit, District Wide
Feb 25- New Teacher Reception 4pm
March 6--Panther Community Forum 6pm at LHS
March 10-14 Spring Break
March 21- Individual Spring Pictures
April 22--Spring Group Pictures