HMS Bearcat Bulletin
A Note from Ms. Buschmann
One change for next year that you can get a head start on is Online Registration. Please read the article below and find out how to get started.
You must complete online registration for your student to be scheduled for classes! We will have a registration day the first week of August. 5th and 6th-grade students will be able to pick up letters from their homeroom teacher on that day, and 7th and 8th-grade students will be allowed to choose their locker if registration has been completed and approved by that date.
Bearcats at the Ballpark
Saturday, June 30th, 6:15pm
700 Clark Avenue
St. Louis, MO
Tickets will be available May 15 at the choir concert, or at the HMS office during school hours through May 16. You can also make arrangements to get tickets with Mrs. Schwartze by calling 573.486.3121 x1205 or emailing email@example.com.
Student of the Month
The nominees for April:
Middle Row (L to R): Kameron, Kyle, Landon, Logyn, Caden, Lilyan, Iteara, Reese, Quin, Maggie
Back Row (L to R): Tenley, Andrew, Emma, Tavis, Austin, Sammi, Allyson, Colin, Ryan
Not Pictured: Dory, Blaine, Eric, Hunter
5th Grade- Hunter
6th Grade- Eric
7th Grade- Blaine
8th Grade- Colin
8th Grade Celebration Reminders for Friday, May 11
- Students should be dressed in dress pants (no shorts or jeans) and their 8th-grade shirt, in the library and ready to go by 5:45
- Fricke Studio will be in the Band room for professional photos if you are interested in purchasing those
- Students who made reservations with Families in Action will have a dinner and dance to follow the ceremony; students should be picked up by 10:00 pm unless they have been invited to the Honor Society Lock-In
- Special thanks to Marlene Kottman, the HMS Parent Advisory Committee, Families in Action, Jill Brooks, Dustin Hoener, Crystal Pehle, HMS Faculty and Staff, GCR-1 Board of Education and Dr. Tracey Hankins for their support of this event.
HMS is Teaming Up to Fight Type 1 Diabetes
The teacher jeans days were each accompanied by a theme. When brainstorming, one of Lane's ideas was to have teachers wear floaties. While it was decided that might not be so practical for getting through a day of teaching, his classmates decided they would do it and call it "Life Savers for Lane." Eventually, Mrs. Alferman's class settled on "Save a Life, Drown Diabetes" and surprised Lane by all wearing floaties on the hat day.
Pictures from around HMS
Ongoing Fundraising Efforts
Please keep in mind a couple of easy ways to raise funds for HMS.
1. Boxtops for Education
2. Shutterfly- start your order at our storefront and 13% of each purchase will be sent to HMS.
Visit our Storefront: hermannmiddleschool.ShutterflyStorefront.com
3. Best Choice UPC's
May 7-11- Teacher Appreciation Week
May 7- Band Concert
May 8- HMS Honor Society Induction
May 10- School Board Meeting, 6:00
May 11- 8th-Grade Barbeque and Promotion Ceremony Rehearsal
May 11- 8th-Grade Promotion Ceremony, 6:00 p.m.
May 15- 7th and 8th Grade Enrichment Fair, 5:00 p.m.
May 15- Choir Concert, 7:00 p.m.
May 16- Make-Up Day for weather
May 16- 6th Grade Awards, 8:15 a.m.
May 16- 5th Grade Awards, 9:15 a.m.
May 17- Make-Up Day for weather, Last Day of School for students
May 17- 7th and 8th Grade Awards