Cordelia Hills Closure Update 5
*School Closed March 17-May 1**
All schools in the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District will be closed to students through Friday, May 1st , 2020. The first day back to school for students is scheduled for Monday, May 4th, 2020 BUT please note THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE PENDING District Announcements
Distance Learning is underway and all teachers will be providing instruction to students through Google Classroom. Teachers have scheduled out Daily Instruction Times, Google Meet Times and Office Hours. Students will participate in Art and PE too.
Notes for 4/6-4/9:
-All classes engaged in distance learning. Basic expectations are outlined below and are unchanged from last week:
1. All students are engaging with their teachers (general education and/or special education staff) through google classroom.
2. Staff is offering instruction, office hours, and meet-ups each day to engage/teach students in a distance format. Teachers will provide students/families with a schedule for their class
3. We ask that you, as much as possible, give your child a quiet, distraction free space during any video conferencing.
4. Work with your child's teacher to address any issues that arise (tech, availability, content, etc.). They have a process to submit to me any issues that come up during this period.
5. We realize that many of you are still working and that you may not be able to always engage with learning for your child. We aim to be patient and flexible and ask that you do the same.
**SPRING Break, April 10-April 17**
Notes for 4/20-5/1:
1. Expectations are the same but staff will focus on new material and more rigorous learning objectives.
2. You will receive an update from the District on any possible extended closures beyond 5/1.
3. You will receive a re-entry plan outlining how we will work with the school for the remainder of the year (inside or outside of the school)
There will be no staff available in person or on-site just yet. We are unable to get materials to you in this period. Please let your teacher know if you need a replacement chromebook or have other needs during this period. They will communicate with me.
Also, if you are in need of a device (no home or school device available), please email your teacher or me at email@example.com
Parent Guide to Google Classroom
Inner Explorer Mindfulness at Home
School Lunch---**Updated list of sites**
Message from District:
At this time, we will still be feeding students starting tomorrow, March 17th, 2020. However, because of the Governor’s recommendation that people who are more vulnerable to COVID-19 should isolate themselves at home, we are reducing the hours and locations of feeding to keep our staff safe. Children will be able to receive food from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM each weekday during closures from only the following schools:
Fairview Elementary - 830 First Street, Fairfield
Grange Middle - 1975 Blossom Ave, Fairfield
Suisun Elementary - 725 Golden Eye Way, Suisun City