Friday, May 5, 2017
1st and 2nd Period
We will keep 1st period until 10:35. During this time, one half of the students will go see the Chinese Dancers in the cafeteria, and the other half will watch a Japanese movie on making Anime (Cohen will send out links to the movies).
Chinese Dancers Performance Times
- SS, ELA, and Reading classes will go to the cafeteria at 8:50
- Math, Science, World Language classes will go to the cafeteria at 9:45
Students will have Flex and Lunch as normal.
Students will report to their regular 4th period class. All classes will play Asian games, make a craft, and go on a scavenger hunt (directions and supplies for each activity will come from Daley, Weurding, and Waters).
Craft Options (We will make the copies, and you will pick up the craft(s) you want to use with your students in the Science Prep room. Limit 2 per teacher).
- Chinese Calligraphy
- Kokeshi Dolls
- Chinese Mini Lantern Chain
Game Options (We will make the copies/prepare the materials, and you will pick up the game(s) you want to use with your students in the Science Prep room. Limit 2 per teacher).
- Catching Seven Pieces
- Chinese Dominoes
- Look for Gold
- Chinese Ball (teachers will need to provide their own ball)
5th and 6th Period
Time to eat! Students will rotate through their designated Science room to get food and will bring it back to their 7th period class. As students eat, they will color a Chinese New Year placemat.
- Social Studies classes will go through Curtis’ room to get food
- Math classes will go through Figueroa’s room to get food
- ELA classes will go through Frantellizzi’s room to get food
- World Language and Reading classes will go through Cooper’s room to get food
Science Class Splits
Curtis’ 7th period students will be split between Richardson, Weurding, and Cohen.
Figueroa’s 7th period students will be split between Garchow, Novelli, and Bolling.
Frantellizzi’s 7th period students will be split between Silverman, Brackett, and Statham.
Cooper’s 7th period students will be split between Hanlon, Schnibbe, and Waters.