Academics Team Meeting, January 13th, 2016
9:00-10:00: Explore the Reinventing Technology for Learning Professional Learning Plan
10:00-11:00: Explore the Technology Integration Matrix (TIM)
Exploring the Reinventing Technology for Learning Professional Learning Plan
We want to explore FIVE key ideas from the plan.
As we discuss each, we want to COLLECT two different kinds of feedback from this team:
- What are we EXCITED about and/or what CONNECTS with our work?
- What do we see as a CONCERN and/or a DISCONNECT from our work?
Exploring the Technology Integration Matrix (TIM)
Technology Integration Matrix (TIM)
- Provides a common language for technology integration and professional development
- Identifies FIVE Attributes of Learning Environments: Active, Collaborative, Constructive, Authentic, and Goal-Directed
- Describes FIVE levels of Technology Integration: Entry, Adoption, Adaptation, Infusion, and Transformation
- Provides specific examples to support technology integration to transform teaching and learning
In teams, you will analyze ONE row of the TIM to create a two minute presentation describing this Characteristic of the Learning Environment and representing the shift to transformative use of technology.
You will share this information to build capacity and understanding for our team.
- In the context of transformative technology, our Characteristic of the Learning Environment means...
- To get to Transformative on the TIM:
- Students will have to...
- Teachers will have to...
- Classrooms will have to...