Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - August 2, 2020
Summer Book Distribution
Technology for Virtual Learning
HCPS will provide iPads for all students in grades PreK-Kindergarten and Chromebooks for all students in grades 1-5 in order to support virtual learning this fall. Those devices are currently being configured and prepared for distribution, and your school will be communicating with you at the appropriate time to arrange for reservations and instructions for pick-up. Distribution for fall virtual learning will occur in various phases beginning no earlier than the week of August 10. We will communicate the specific dates as soon as they are finalized.
Please do NOT go to one of our four “mobile technology hubs” at this time to request an iPad or Chromebook for fall virtual learning, as the sites will not be equipped with devices for you.
In person registration is occurring NOW! You can start registering online to expedite the process. August 24th will be the last day that parents will have access to the online enrollment system for school enrollments. After August 24, all enrollments will be on-site.
All registrations will be by appointment only and between the hours of 8 and 3. Please call the school at (804) 228 - 2720 to schedule your registration appointment. Additionally, if you need to update your contact information such as address, phone number, or email, please call us to let us know.
- Pre-K Registration - Click on the link below to see how to submit an application to HCPS preschool programs.
Upcoming Principal Chats
In an effort to gather feedback from our families, I will be holding three virtual "Principal Chat" opportunities. The purpose of these meetings is to solicit answers to the following key questions:
- What programs and/or systems are working well at this school?
- What do you hope to get out of me as a leader?
- What are some of the roles that parents can play in supporting the improvement of the school?
- What is the one thing that you would like to see happen before the end of this school year that would let you know the school is moving in the right direction?
Please see the dates and times below. Hopefully, one of these opportunities will accommodate your schedule. I look forward to "seeing" and listening to everyone!
- August 3, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- August 3, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- August 5, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
To join these meetings, please use Google Meet information below.
Join by Video: https://meet.google.com/ero-chir-zjp
Join by phone: (US) +1 601-732-5301 PIN: 989 600 635#
Thank you for being our partners in education.