Harmony News - School Update
August 17, 2020
Updates from Principal Stewart
- We hope you are still doing well and getting ready for the start of school on September 8.
- Please look over the dates below and pencil them in to your calendars.
- We will all start out in Distance Learning and students will engage with teachers synchronously multiple times per week (schedule below).
- Each day will begin with advisory at 8:35 AM where daily attendance will be taken. During this time, students will engage in getting connected to the school with various lessons to help with instruction, mental health, technology, and other areas.
- Students will then have four classes per day, attendance taken in each one, and with time built into the schedule for opportunities to receive extra help, support, and feedback.
- I will send out a weekly newsletter and the deans will be sending out weekly updates on student assignments in all grade level subjects (like they did in the spring).
- All student learning will take place in the Schoology platform.
- Finally, I met virtually with the PTA Board and we are brainstorming ways we can all keep connected including the TBD scheduling of "spirit nights" at local restaurants.
- As always, contact me with any questions. email@example.com.
- Enjoy the week.
August 19 - Teachers Return
August 28 – Schoology for Parents - video becomes available
August 28 – Student Schedules go “live” in ParentVUE / StudentVUE
August 28 – Curbside Pick-Up - 9 AM to 12 PM (details to follow in a separate email this week)
September 2 – Virtual Back to School Night (video links for each teacher become available after 1 PM)
September 8 - First Day of School