7th Grade Scoop
Melissa Middle School
The first four weeks have been spent reviewing reading skills our 7th graders should already have like Point of View, Conflict, Theme, Characterization, Talking to the Text, and Signposts. We'll continue to review these skills until we begin reading, THE OUTSIDERS in mid-October in Academic and various short stories in Honors. Grab a copy of the novel and read about the Curtis brothers along with your student.
Please contact me if you have any questions or need more information.
Social Studies - Texas History
In Texas History we have finished learning the physical geography of both Texas and the United States. We are currently studying the Constitution of the United States and taking an in depth look at the Bill of Rights. Once the government unit is over, we begin analyzing the Spanish exploration of Texas and the impact this will have on Native populations.
Math - Academic
The school year is off and running. We just finished our first unit of study and the test scores will be posted soon.
Week of 9/24 – 9/28
- Monday – 7.11A,B – Model and Solve Algebraic Equations
- Tuesday – Wednesday – MAP Testing
- Thursday – Friday – 7.11A,B – Model and Solve Algebraic Equations and Number Lines
- Monday – Friday – 7.11A,B – Model and Solve Algebraic Equations and Inequalities and Number Lines
Math - Honors
We took our first test on 9/18. If your student would like to try to improve their grade up to an 85 they must:
1) Complete corrections on all of the problems they missed on the original test.
2) Come in for tutorials any day this week (9/24-9/28) to complete a re-test
Week of 9/24 – 9/28
8.8 A,B,C – Model, Solve and Write Multi-Step Algebraic Equations
Week of 10/1 – 10/5
· Monday – Tuesday – MAP Testing
· Wednesday – Friday 8.8 A,B,C – Model, Solve and Write Multi-Step Algebraic Equations and Inequalities
Upcoming Tests: Unit 3 Common Assessment 10/15, 9-week Common Assessment 10/24
Thank you for continuing to check Parent Portal for your child's average.