Sophia and Shyla
Pros of Communism
- Everyone receives health care. Communist nations allow their citizens to receive health care no matter their social class.
- Unemployment rates decrease. Every citizen is given the option of being employed, creating a decrease in unemployment.
- Education is accessible for everyone. In a capitalist society only the wealthy are able to receive the best education, but in a communist society everyone is given the same educational opportunity.
Cons of Capitalism
- Monopoly power. Private ownership of capital enables firms to gain monopoly power in product and labour markets.
- Inherited wealth and wealth inequality. Some people in a capitalist society inherit their wealth, instead of working for it.
- Inequality creates social division. Societies which are highly unequal create resentment and social division.