Argyle Weekly Newsletter
THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 5
- Early Release Days: Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- ACE Day - Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Argyle Winter Concert - Thursday, December 8, 2022 @ 7 pm
- Winter Break - No School: Friday, December 23, 2022 - Monday, January 2, 2022
PTSA Fundraiser to Support Argyle MS
Support the PTSA for our first Dine Out on Tuesday, December 6th between 4 pm-10 pm at Ledo’s Pizza in Leisure World. 20% of each purchase will go to the PTSA.
Bring in the flyer, show it on your phone, enter the code for online orders, or just mention you are here to support the Argyle fundraiser.
See the flyer linked here
Argyle Athletics Winter Basketball
Our Winter Athletic Season is fast approaching! Here are some important dates and information if your student is interested in playing basketball this year:
- Registration will be available in ParentVue from October 31, 2022 - December 5, 2022
- In addition to their registration, your student will need a valid Physical in order to participate. Physicals can be uploaded during the registration process or emailed to Jenna Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Unfortunately, we do not have access to any physicals from last year - if you turned in a physical last year, we ask that you submit a copy of it again this year!
- There will be an interest meeting for any interested students and families on Thursday, December 1, 2022, in the Cafeteria (Zoom link and recording will also be made available)
- Tryouts are December 6-8, 2022.
For additional dates, times, and coach contact information please check out our Season Calendar
Argyle Extra Curricular Activities 2022-2023
Please see a list of community resources listed below for caregivers looking for food and other resources:
MCR Teens Day Out Program
MCPS is providing full scholarships to families when using the code "MCPSkid2022".
The first day will be on Monday, November 7.
Families can register students at: ActiveMontgomery.org
Parents or guardians should handwrite or email student excuse notes to Ms. Patricia Hernandez, Argyle's attendance secretary. Phone calls will not excuse any absences until a note has been turned in to the main office.
If you have any questions or need to email an excuse note, please contact Argyle's attendance secretary Ms. Patricia Hernandez at email@example.com
Manna Food Center Distribution
SNAP Application Process
Weekend school-based vaccination clinics focusing on COVID-19 vaccine for infants and younger children now include COVID-19 vaccines for other age groups. Afterschool on-site vaccine clinics will resume the week of September 5th with a focus on Title One schools.
The school will also offer at-home Rapid tests for both students and staff.
ONLINE FARMS APPS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
www.MySchoolApps.com is NOW OPEN for parents to complete and submit the 2022–2023 Online Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals!
FAMILIES CAN APPLY NOW & AVOID LONGER PROCESSING TIMES IN THE FALL!
REMINDERS FOR SCHOOLS:
- Please immediately discard all application forms from previous years. As federal government information on the application changes every year, only the 2022–2023 applications may be used.
- The online application should be encouraged as the primary method to apply for FARMS. Households that complete an online application DO NOT need to submit a paper application. A small supply of 2022–2023 paper application forms in English and Spanish will be distributed to all MCPS Schools close to the first day of school. Paper applications should only be distributed to parents/guardians who request a paper application.
- Translations in other languages are available through the online application.
- How-to videos for the online FARMS application in English and Spanish are below and may be shared with families who need assistance
Montgomery County Public Schools has transitioned to a new online payment system called SchoolCash Online as its preferred method of payment for all school-related fees.
SchoolCash Online helps parents/guardians and community members pay school-related fees safely, quickly, and easily. SchoolCash Online will help increase efficiency and security at schools by making payments directly into schools’ bank accounts and eliminating the need for teachers to handle money. In addition, once registered, you will be immediately informed about school activities!
Powered by KEV Group, SchoolCash Online is the industry leader in the management of school fees. The new system puts all of the school-related fees online for purchase so users can make purchases online using a credit card or e-check. A processing fee will be included on all items available for purchase, regardless of the type of payment used on SchoolCash Online or at the school.
Parents/guardians can register now at - Click here
low-cost internet access
Please visit Montgomery County - Low-Cost Internet for more information!
Parent Teacher Student Association
SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Below are emails and phone numbers for the following departments:
Administration (240) 740-6370
School Principal - Mr. Allrich: James_K_Allrich@mcpsmd.org
6th Grade Administrator - Ms. Sandall: Elizabeth_A_Sandall@mcpsmd.org
Magnet Coordinator /7th Grade Administrator - Ms. Chao: Cortney_E_Chao@mcpsmd.org
8th Grade Administrator - Ms. Turner: Hannah_D_Turner@mcpsmd.org
Main Office (240) 740-6370
Attendance Secretary - Ms. Hernandez: Patricia_V_Hernandez@mcpsmd.org
Front Office Secretary - Ms. Chavarria: Johana_M_Chavarria@mcpsmd.org
School Financial Specialist - Mr. Magruder: Timothy_W_Magruder@mcpsmd.org
Administrative Secretary - Ms. Majano: Jennifer_L_Majano@mcpsmd.org
Counseling Office (240) 740-6380
Counseling Secretary/Registrar - Ms. Pineda | Email: Marlene_C_Pineda@mcpsmd.org
8th Grade Counselor - Ms. Daniels | Email: Nicole_A_Daniels@mcpsmd.org
6th Grade Counselor - Mr. Kim | Email: Kenneth_L_Kim@mcpsmd.org
7th Grade Counselor - Ms. Standford | Email: Pamela_J_Stanford@mcpsmd.org
Resource Counselor/ SSL Coordinator - Mr. Lilja | Email: Matthew_J_Lilja@mcpsmd.org