Grizzly Updates 1.2
February 23, 2021 - Grant Community School E-Newsletter
Kinder Registration & Dual Language Info
- Registration for incoming kinder students for the fall of 2021
- Window for applications for the Dual Language Program.
If you have a child who will be 5-years-old before September 10 of this year, you can swing by the school to get a registration packet (OR sign up through Parent Vue) beginning March 1st.
**Dual Language applications are only accepted during the month of March. This is a lottery system conducted by the K-12 Office. The deadline for the Dual Language Program application is March 31st. You can find the DL application here.
There is an informational meeting for all families who are interested in having their child attend the Dual Language Program.
You are welcome to attend this live event on February 23 using this link:
Dual Language Parent Info Session- English 5:00pm
Dual Language Parent Info Session- Spanish 6:00pm
School Hours are Tuesday- Friday: 10:30am - 3:30pm
In Person Hybrid Learning
- March 2nd, students in Kinder and 1st grade
*Feb 26- no online classes for Kinder or 1st grade as teachers prep for their return
- March 9th, students in 2nd and 3rd grade
*Mar 5- no online classes for 2nd or 3rd grade as teachers prep for their return
- March 16th, students in 4th and 5th grade
*Mar 12- no online classes for 4th or 5th grade as teachers prep for their return
- Students will attend school 2 days out of the week depending on their assigned cohort.
- Our school hours are 10:30am to 3:30pm.
Students should bring/know:
- A face covering/mask and an EXTRA one in case the other gets soiled.
- A backpack and your new Math Workbook. Check with your teachers to see if there is anything else they need to have students bring back.
- Leave all of your current school supplies and Chromebooks at home. We will provide basic supplies to use while at school. These are to be kept here at school and will only be used by an individual student.
- Watch our video explaining the cohorts and basic info about returning to school.
- We have made adjustments to our drop off and pick up process. You can watch the video Here.
- Each household will receive a family survey via email to obtain feedback and hear your concerns. Please take the survey after watching all of the return to Hybrid Learning videos. Click Here to take the survey!
February Grizzly Pride Assembly & Spirit Day
See this document for some ideas...Crazy Hair Day
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 893 5451 4243
Boys & Girls Club- Knudson Branch
The Boys & Girls Club- Knudson Branch is looking to open up additional spots for students who attend Grant. Please contact them for direct information. As our community partner, we strive to help each other and our community members. We understand that there may be many families with childcare needs especially as we transition to Hybrid Learning. They are working to adapt with Covid-19 restrictions and will inform us of any changes soon. In the meantime, feel free to call them for availability.
Branch Phone #:503-581-7383
How do I stay connected?
Read our newest format of the school Newsletter via email, remind or on the school website!Follow us on Facebook. @Grantgrizzly
Follow us on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmUBbjXKJBuGV81tC--Cpg
Follow us on our school website. https://grant.salkeiz.k12.or.us/
Download the free Remind App on your phone. https://www.remind.com/log_in
Check your email inbox. Update your email in Parent Vue if it's not accurate.