Cottonwood Creek Cougar Chronicle
May 21, 2021
At Cottonwood Creek, we value...
- Differences. We recognize and celebrate each individual for their diversity.
Authentic and relevant learning experiences that promote independence, curiosity, creativity and critical thinking for ALL.
Perseverance, patience and relationships built around empathy and kindness.
Collaborative learning for both staff and students.
Physical and psychological safety.
Spirit Week - one last time!
- Monday Field Day: Wear your workout gear to school.
- Tuesday Field Day: Wear your workout gear to school.
- Wake Up Wednesday: Wear your pajamas to school.
- Dress Up Thursday: Help celebrate our 5th graders by dressing up for school.
- Cougar Spirit Friday: Wear your favorite Cottonwood Creek gear. Let's make this big and really have some fun as we wish everyone a wonderful, fulfilled Summer Break.
Last Day Reminders
Last day of school is Thursday, May 27th. Dismissal is immediately following your classroom celebration.
MRS. BUELL'S CLASS 8:30-9:00
MRS. LAYMAN'S CLASS 9:15-9:45
MRS. SINGH'S CLASS 10:00-10:30
MS. WEHRLE'S CLASS 10:45-11:15
Kindergarten through 4th Grade
Last day of school is Friday, May 28th. Dismissal is at 11:00am.
Lost and Found
All of the Lost and Found items have been photographed and can be viewed HERE.
To claim an item text Kim at (303.720.4076) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). For clothes, include the number on the masking tape in the picture. If you would prefer to come and peruse the collection, it's in my garage! All remaining items will be donated on June 1st.
Field Day Information
K, 1st and 2nd Grade - Monday, May 24th
11:30-12:30 2nd Grade
12:35-1:35 1st Grade
3rd, 4th and 5th Grade- Tuesday, May 25th
8:10-9:10 5th Grade
9:15-10:15 4th Grade
10:20-11:20 3rd Grade
The theme for this year’s field day is Summer Fun including games that have water and activities to get the students out having fun in the sun. We are very excited to have the opportunity to have a field day this year given all the COVID restrictions and will have to modify what it will look like to keep everyone safe. This will include no parent volunteers, a cohorted schedule with cleaning in between stations as well as socially distance activities. Since there are no parent volunteers, field day will be 1 hour this year; there will be 6 stations at 10 minutes a piece.
Please help make sure your child is ready to be outside in the sun by wearing proper athletic attire for the weather, and remind your child to bring a water bottle. There will be many stations that have water play games so students should bring a towel or an extra set of clothes. If students do not want to get wet they do not have to.
Students will also have an outdoor picnic. Students can either bring a bag lunch OR get a bag lunch from the cafeteria.
We look forward to celebrating the school year with some Summer Fun.
While we are still deep in the 2020-21 school year, we slowly begin to prepare for the 2021-22 school year. As we begin to prepare, please review the following information:
- Address Information: Have you recently moved or are planning to? Please remember to update your address. You can submit your new lease agreement or deed of trust along with a current Xcel bill and a copy of your drivers license to the Registrar’s office (email@example.com), and we will send it on to the Admissions Department for verification. It’s extremely important to keep your home address and contact information current in order to continue receiving important communications from Cottonwood and the District.
- Are You Moving or Switching Schools? If you are moving, and your student will not be attending Cottonwood, or if your student will be attending another school for any other reason prior to the end of our school year, you must withdraw your student from Cottonwood. Please contact the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain the necessary withdrawal paperwork. We will be happy to work with you to ensure your student’s records are forwarded to their new school.
- 5th Grade Families NOT Continuing to Campus Middle School: For students that will attend either a private or another school public that is not our feeder (CMS), please email the Registrar’s office (email@example.com) with the name of the school your student will be attending so we can ensure records are sent to the appropriate school this summer.
Support in your Native Language
English:Please contact (name of liaison) at (email) for support with this resource in your language.
Amharic: እነዝህን መረጃዎችን በተመለከተ በቋንቋዎ ዕገዛን ለማግኘት ከፈለጉ እባክዎን ተሊሌን በዝህ እሜይል ያግኙዋትthirpa@cherrycreekschools.org
Korean: 귀하의 언어로 이 자원에 대한 지원을 원하시면 (리아 리) 에게 (firstname.lastname@example.org) 로 문의하십시오.
Russian: Пожалуйста, обращайтесь к Ларисе Бака по адресу: email@example.com для получения поддержки с помощью этого ресурса на своём языке.
Somali: Fadlan la xiriir Omar Nur cinwaanka firstname.lastname@example.org si aad u hesho macluumaad ku qoran luqadaada.
Spanish: Si necesita ayuda con este recurso en su idioma, póngase en contacto con Ilse Chavez Maldonado en email@example.com, Rosa Han en firstname.lastname@example.org, Helena Gognat en email@example.com o Milagro Nuanes en firstname.lastname@example.org
Vietnamese: Vui lòng liên hệ với Thuý Ngọc tại Lchung2@cherrycreekschools.org để được hỗ trợ về tài nguyên này bằng tiếng Việt.