Syllable I Spy!
HOW TO MAKE THE GAME!
- Decide on at least 30 words to include in your game.
- Try to have a rang of 2 syllable words to 4 syllable words to challenge your students
- After you have decided on your words find pictures that correspond with each picture
- Print off a small 2 inch by 2 inch card of the picture (make sure each picture is in color)
- Then write each word that corresponds with the picture
- If the picture you have printed off is see threw then glue the card onto another piece of paper
- And there is your game!
How to play the Game!
1. Split students into groups of four (groups can be bigger than 4 but for a more effective game it is better to keep the groups around 4).
2. Place the deck of syllable cards in the middle of the table.
3. Have 1 students pick up a card and hide it from their peers.
4. EXAMPLE: Below is the picture of the student’s syllable card.
5. The student with the card will then decide how many syllables the word has
a. So butterfly has 3 syllables
6. After the student has decided how many syllables are in the word they will then start to give the other students at the table clues
7. The student will start off with I SPY a word with 3 syllables and has wings.
8. The student will continue to give clues tell the other students at the table have figured the word out
9. Through out the game if students call out the wrong word then have them say why it would be the wrong word
10. Who ever guesses the word correctly gets the card. Who ever has the most card at the end of the game wins