Virtual Board Briefs
Summary of the November 16, 2020 BOE Meeting, held virtually
Board Briefs is a newsletter-style overview of the highlights of the Board of Education's discussion and action. You can find the meeting agenda online here, and look for minutes of the meeting to be posted after they are approved at the next BOE meeting (December 14, 2020).
Click the gear icon in the lower right corner to auto translate the subtitles
- Click to view the newsletter in a browser on your phone or computer and use the translate feature.
- Haga clic para ver el boletín en un navegador en su teléfono o computadora y use la función de traducción.
- 휴대 전화 나 컴퓨터의 브라우저에서 뉴스 레터를보고 번역 기능을 사용하려면 클릭하세요.
- Мэдээллийг гар утас, компьютер дээрээ хөтөч дээрээс үзэх, орчуулах функцийг ашиглах бол товшино уу.
D34 Board Meetings: Virtual for Now
Each month, Superintendent Dr. Dane Delli updates the Board of Education and the community about programs, events, notable achievements, and other timely information and celebrations.
School Board Appreciation
Donations to the District
- Rotary donated more than 1,200 books and 1,000 reams of construction paper to students in need.
- The Gelfand Foundation partnered with Glenview-based Kraft Heinz to collect, assemble and distribute 300 bags of supplies, materials and books to EC-2 students who are facing hardships.
- The Gelfand Foundation also donated Little Free Libraries to each building; those should be built and planted in early December.
Inquiry in Virtual Classrooms
Teachers Achieving Tenure
Adaptive Pause Update
Illinois School Report Card
The Illinois State Board of Education froze the designations that were given for 2018-2019, so all D34 schools remain in the commendable or exemplary designations.
2021 Construction Planning and Financing
Assistant Superintendent for Business Services Eric Miller shared the recommendations from the Superintendent's committee, Citizens Finance Advisory Committee (CFAC) on the debt structure for the referendum. CFAC recommendations include:
- Issue more debt sooner to take advantage of lower interest rates
- Accelerate the debt payment schedule to save taxpayer dollars
- Delay the use of fund balance
Taking these steps will reduce the tax burden on the community.
Elizabeth Hennessy, Managing Director, Raymond James & Associates, gave a referendum financing update based on the CFAC recommendation. She said that interest rates are lower right now. She shared that the recommendation of an accelerated option could mean that taxpayers would pay approximately $22M less than the original amount outlined in the referendum.
Supplemental Tax Levy
Meet the Board of Education
Glenview District 34 is governed by a seven-person Board of Education, elected by the community, that consists of the following individuals:
- Natalie Jachtorowycz (President)
- Jim Baumstark (Vice President)
- John Heggie
- Katie Jones
- Mike Korman
- Scott Nelson
- Diane Stefani
You can contact the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.