PSTA Weekly News
Click the graphic above to register online.
PSTA Virtual Candidate Town Halls
- Monday, October 5th (4:00-4:30)- Michael Johnson, Senate 16, Lancaster and York Counties
- Tuesday, October 6th (2:30-3:00)- William Dettmering, House 107, Horry County
- Tuesday, October 6th (4:00-4:30)- Sam Skardon, Senate 41, Charleston and Dorchester Counties
- Wednesday, October 7th (2:30-3:00)- Mandy Powers Norrell, House 44, Lancaster County
- Wednesday, October 7th (4:00-4:30)- Ronee DeCanio, House 97, Calhoun, Lexington, and Orangeburg Counties
- Thursday, October 8th (4:00-4:30)- Richard Hricik, Senate 43, Beaufort, Charleston, and Colleton Counties
- Friday, October 9th (4:00-4:30)- Viresh Sinha, House 78, Richland County
If you want to join a town hall conversation live, please use the link for the appropriate date and time on this schedule. If you missed a conversation and would like to see what was discussed, check out this playlist on the PSTA TV YouTube channel.
Transatlantic Outreach Program Workshop
Click on the image above to register.
Teacher Clothes Closet- Midlands Event
2020 Census Deadline Extended
ETV's Fall Webinars
- Earn renewal or graduate credits
- 2 R2S courses offered
ETV Teacher Recertification courses start October 5
- Earn renewal credits
- 2 new courses offered
ETV's At-Home Learning service resumes October 5
Students can watch ETV's main channel for standard-aligned content, including a number of teacher recorded lessons, each Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. All programming is supplemented by customized learning activities as well as a learning reflection sheet. Have requests for something you think might be appropriate as part of the programming? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more at www.scetv.org/stories/education/2020/home-learning-resumes-next-month.
Free, Anytime, Virtual Learning Sessions
- Sample ETV Sessions
* Teaching with Hyperdocs
* Permission to Feel: The Power of Emotional Intelligence to Achieve Well-Being and Success
* Back to School Math Resources
Access all via www.scetv.org/at-home-learning.
- Sample PBS Sessions
* Talking to Children Authentically about Race and Racism
* Inspiring Young Scientists through STEAM Education
* Teaching the Civil War through a New Lens
Access all via www.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/virtual-professional-learning-series-collection/.
Help Us Grow!
Please help us continue to grow PSTA by encouraging your colleagues to consider joining the largest professional organization for educators in South Carolina. This year more than ever, teachers need to know that PSTA is working hard to support and advocate for their needs. Thank you for all you do! Remember PSTA is here for you so you can be there for your students.
We are still offering our incentive program. For every new member* you sign up, you will receive $10 (up to $499 each year). Please feel free to print a membership application here and sign up as many new members as you can!! If you have any questions please contact our office at 803-256-2065 or email us at email@example.com
Click on the image below to view the COVID-19 FAQs.