all the going ons from the #1 class on the 2nd floor
This Week In Learning!
- Reading- This week we will be working on identifying the main idea of multi-paragraph texts. We will use graphic organizers to find the main idea and supporting details.
- Writing- This quarter we will be working on writing opinion pieces. We want to be able to state our opinions and support them with reasons, finishing up with solid conclusions.
- Math- This week we will begin looking at Fractions. We start be understanding that fractions represent equal shares, and will explore various ways to represent halves, thirds, and fourths.
- FUNdations- This week we continue working with vowel teams, or double vowels. We will learn how to read and spell with ai, ay (which make the long a sound) and ee, ea, ey (which make the long e sound)
- Science- We start our quarter long unit on sound. We will experiment to gain an understanding of the relationship between sound and vibrating objects.
- Social Studies- This quarter we will be learning about various cultures influence their communities.
Valentine's Day Card exchange!!!
Thanks for being so great! Please feel free to contact with any questions or comments!