Jr. Viking Voice

Marigold Elementary


October 20: JOG-A-THON! (see schedule below) with Picnic on the Green 11:30 am-12:30 pm

October 27: Last Day to order Marigold Spirit Wear

October 31: Costume Parade 8:30 am (students must bring change of clothes for after parade)

November 14: Nutrition Services 7th Annual Thanksgiving Feast 11:20 am - 12:20 pm


It has saddened the Marigold community to see the devastation the fires have brought to families in our surrounding areas. Marigold Leadership students want to help, so they have organized a donation drive for the fire victims. We will begin collecting items from Wednesday, October 18th until Thursday, October 26th. There will be a box in your child's classroom for collection as well as in front of the office. We are looking for items listed below:

- gift cards (gas, grocery stores, department stores,

- school supplies (notebooks, backpacks, markers, crayons, pencils, etc.)

- reading books, games, coloring books

- new toothbrushes, toothpaste, hair brushes, soap, shampoo & conditioner.

Big image

Parking Lot Etiquette

I've recently heard reports of parents not being kind to one another at pick-up, especially on East Ave. We do our best to teach the students to be kind and patient with one another. Please be a good example to your child and treat your fellow parents kindly. You can help tremendously by pulling as far forward as possible before dropping off or picking up your child.
Big image

Join Our School REMIND

Just text @marigoldel to 81010 and you are in the group. It's a great way to get quick messages regarding school events and happenings.
Big image


JOG A THON is coming up on Friday, October 20! We are in need of help to set up, clean up and lap counting. Visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f48acad28a2f49-jogathon to sign up. Flyers with student run times will be going home on Monday. Please plan to join us for our Picnic on the Green from 11:30 - 12:30 on event day, too. We will provide lunch for all Marigold students. Parents and siblings may purchase lunch for $3.50 each.

Big image

Spirit Wear

Spirit wear order forms went out to all Marigold students. We will be doing just ONE order this year. If you are interested in spirit wear, order now. The deadline is October 27. If you need another order sheet, there are extras in the school office. It is a great way to show your Jr. Viking Pride!
Big image


Next week is Red Ribbon Week, 10/23 - 10/27. Please join us for our dress up days to show your support for being healthy. We will also have an assembly on Friday at 1:15pm.

Monday - Pajama Day

Tuesday - Crazy Sock Day

Wednesday - Workout Day

Thursday - Crazy Hair Day

Friday - Red Day


Have you ever been injured and a first aid kit was nowhere around? Well, now's the time to become prepared! The 5th grade students will be selling first aid kits from Right Response, to help them raise money for Shady Creek Environmental Camp in January. There are eight different styles to choose from for your home, office, car, sports, pets and outdoors. If you are interested in purchasing a first aid kit, please see a 5th grader! The fundraiser ends 10/27, so don't delay and get one before it's too late!
Big image
Big image

Volunteers are Needed

Hello Families and Community Members. We are in need of a few volunteers to support the implementation of Reading Pals at Marigold. If you are available every Thursday afternoon from 12:12-12:50, 12:55-1:20, 1:25-1:55 or Tuesdays from 1:25-1:55, please follow the link to apply with Reading Pals and let them know you'd like to volunteer at Marigold. Reading Pals is a one year commitment. http://www.readingpalschico.org/volunteer/
Big image
Big image



Would you like to make a BIG difference and lead girls at our school in a fun, empowering after-school program?

YOU can be a Girls on the Run COACH right here at Marigold School.

Girls on the Run’s after-school program inspires our 3rd-5th grade girls to be joyful, healthy and confident. Coaches use the power of fun running games combined with an interactive curriculum to accomplish this.

Through the program, YOU will empower girls to become independent thinkers, make healthy decisions and create positive connections with others.

“…my days are often hectic and busy. After Girls on the Run practice I am FULL of energy, life & joy!" -Teacher and GOTR Coach Sarah

What is Girls on the Run? It’s ten weeks of two lessons per week packed with activities, games, laughter and bonding that gives girls the power to realize their potential, understand what makes them unique and wonderful, learn teamwork, and come to know that anything is possible when they set their mind to it!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A RUNNER to lead a Girls on the Run team. We look for kind, nurturing and encouraging individuals to be role models and mentors for the girls. Our program is run 100% by volunteer coaches.


The coach commitment is to meet with a team of 2-3 coaches and 8 -15 girls twice a week for an hour and 15 minutes. Practice days/times are determined by the coaches! Season dates: Week of Feb. 5 to May 7, 2018 and the celebratory GOTR 5K is Saturday, May 5, 2018. J

If you are interested in coaching – please contact Mrs. Wagner or Mrs. Chapman by November 1, 2017.

Big image


Tutorial is a free service offered by CAVE to assist the Chico Unified School District students grades 1-12 with homework and study skills. We have 33 awesome tutors waiting to be paired up with a child to provide one-on-one attention and academic support. Tutorial is held every Tuesday and Thursday from 5-6:30pm in the CAVE office (BMU 309) on CSU Chico’s beautiful campus. Our program has begun and will continue to run until its last day November 30th. We encourage students of all grades who need extra help in any subject to come to Tutorial. Tutorial’s program coordinator, Katherine Clay, is very excited to get more students in the office so we can help all those who need it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach me at (530) 898-3352 or at my email cavekidsdirector@csuchico.edu. You can also contact the Tutorial coordinator directly at cavetutorial@csuchico.edu.


Please remember to call the office/attendance line if your student is going to absent. If you call during non-school hours, our message line works 24/7 for your convenience. Thank you. 891-3121
Big image

TK & Kinder Registration for Next Year

Registration for the 2018-19 school year will be Thursday, December 7, 2017 in the Marigold library. To enter school in the fall, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2018. To enter Transitional Kindergarten, a child must turn five between September 2, 2018 and December 2, 2018. Parents should register their children with the school serving their residence area. Proof of residence is required.

Parents are strongly encouraged to register on the above date. Priority will be assigned based on the date of registration. The time of day that registration occurs will not constitute a priority. All children will be accepted, but some may have to attend a school other than the one serving their residence area.

The following are required to register a child: (1) proof of date of birth is required (birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or other legal proof), (2) two forms verifying proof of residency, and (3) written immunization record from a physician, nurse, or health department. Children must be immunized for MMR - measles, mumps and rubella (German measles), polio, DTaP - diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough), Hepatitis B, and Varicella (chicken pox) prior to school entry.