Jr. Viking Voice
UPCOMING MARIGOLD EVENTS
August 21: First day of school!
August 21 - Sept 9: Parent Portal open for changes/updates
August 31: Back to School Night
SUGGESTED SUPPLIES BY GRADE LEVEL 2017/18
A full size backpack
Optional donations for first grade classrooms (all children):
· Black Sharpie Markers
· Expo white board markers-low odor
· Crayola Crayons 24 Count Box
· Crayola Markers (any)
· Large Elmer’s Washable Glue Sticks
· Ticonderoga Pencils
· Yellow Highlighters
· Standard Pencil boxes
· Ziplocs – all sizes
· Clorox Wipes
· Large hand sanitizer with pump
· Water Bottle with pop-top to prevent spills
· Cleaning Wipes
· Paper Towels
· Zip Lock Bags (1 quart/Freezer)
· Hand Sanitizer
· Baby Wipes
· Glue Sticks
· Post-It Notes
· Pencils (Musgrave Pencil "Finger Fitter" found at Amazon.com)
· #2 pencils and erasers
· Ear buds in case or plastic bag
· White board markers (if you send a pack, we will put extras on shelf to be available when needed throughout the year)
· White board eraser (can just be a sock)
· Folder for homework
· Crayola markers
· Colored pencils
· Child scissors
· Disinfecting or baby wipes
Suggested individual student supplies:
· College ruled lined paper
· 5 college rule 80-120 page composition books at least 9.75x7.5 (very important)
· 3 ring binder
· .7 lead and .9 lead mechanical pencils
· Pencil top erasers
· Bar Erasers
· Color Pencils
· Color Ink Pens
· Pair of scissors
· Package of EXPO white board pens
· Box of Tissue
· Three ring binder
· Dividers for the binder
DON'T MISS GIRLS ON THE RUN NEXT YEAR!
GIRLS ON THE RUN IS SO MUCH FUN!
Parents – Do you have a girl going in to 3rd, 4th or 5th grade in the fall? We are happy to announce that Girls on the Run will be offering a team at Marigold again this fall!
Girls on the Run is MUCH more than a running program. We BUILD GIRLS’ CONFIDENCE, HELP THEM REALIZE THEIR POTENTIAL, UNDERSTAND BETTER WHO THEY ARE and TEACH THEM THAT THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY SET THEIR MINDS ON. It all happens through fun, dynamic lessons and running games. Running is used to encourage lifelong health and fitness while building confidence through accomplishment.
At the season's conclusion, the girls will implement a community service project and complete a 5K (3.1 miles) fun run. Completing the 5K gives the girls a tangible sense of achievement as well as a framework for setting and achieving life goals and teaching girls that they CAN.
DON’T MISS EARLY REGISTRATION – IT OPENS MAY 9th!
Lottery Registration OPENS MAY 9th at 8 am and CLOSES MAY 26th at 5 pm. We will run the Lottery after 5 pm on May 26th and families will know by Tuesday, May 30th if their daughter has a spot for the fall or is put on a waiting list. TEAMS are LIMITED to 15 girls so be sure to register during Lottery.
Our fall 2017 season will begin the week of Sept. 4th 2017. Girls meet 2X/week on campus right after-school (days of the week will be determined by the coaches). The celebratory GOTR 5K fun run will be held Saturday November 11th in Bidwell Park in Chico.
You can visit our website at www.gotrnorthstate.org for more information, registration fees and to find the link to our registration page.