Be a buddy, not a bully.
Three differences between cyberbullying & bullying
2. Deleting inappropriate or harassing messages,texts, and pictures is extremely difficult after they have been posted or sent.
3. Bullying is easier to be stopped because the victim can tell an adult and they can easily do something about it and Cyberbullying it takes more since its over the internet.
Effects of Cyberbullying
2. Be unwilling to attend school
3. Use alcohol and drugs
5. Experience in-person bullying
Prevention & Awareness
1.Ask for their passwords, but tell them you'll only use them in case of an emergency.
2. Know the sites your kids visit.
3. Talk with your kids about cyberbullying and other online issues regularly.
4. Show them how to be safe online.
5. Encourage kids to think about who they want to see the information and pictures they post online.
Reporting a Cyberbullying
2. Block the person who is cyberbullying.
3. Keep evidence of cyberbullying. Record the dates, times, and descriptions of instances when cyberbullying has occurred. Save and print screenshots, etc.