September Tidbits #1
September 3, 2023
A recap of last week and what is ahead!
Town Creek Terrapin Families,
1. Students and teachers continued to work very hard establishing routines and expectations.
2. DIBELS assessments have begun and students are putting forth great effort to show their best.
3. TCES was able to meet the expected student attendance goal for the week. (Remember attending regulary is the first step to success)
Moving Next Week:
1. All SMCPS schools and offices are closed Monday, September 4th. (Labor Day)
2. Parents/Guardians if you need to sign out your child(ren) out early, please try to do this no later than 3:30 p.m.. After this time, the office is fully focused on the safety of bus and car dismissal. We can still assist you past this time by having your child(ren) report to the Media Center for dismissal at 3:45.
3. We will continue with DIBLES assessments. This data will help teachers plan your child(ren)'s instruction. Students do your best!!
4. Please be sure to check your child's schoology accounts for classroom updates and assignments.
5. Please feel free reach out to your child's teachers via email reagarding academic and social progress/concerns.
6. Field trips are coming! All old and potential volunteers must complete the new volunteer application for the SY23/24 year.
Reporting a Student Absence:
Parent/Guardian student pick up form:
Volunteer Applications for New and Renewal:
Everything Lunch: School Lunches, Menus, Accounts and Meal Benefit Applications
School and Bus Stop Locator:
Immunization and Medical Forms:
Student Handbook and Code of Conduct:
Student Resource and Technology Accountability:
Monday, September 4th - Labor Day - All SMCPS schools/offices closed
Tuesday, September 12th at 5:30 p.m. - PTO General membership meeting
Thursday, September 21st - 2hour early dismissal
Friday, September 22nd - No school for students (Teacher professional development)
TCES Spirit Wear
Ready to rock some new Town Creek threads? A wide variety of spirit wear is now available from hoodies to sweatpants!
Select this link to see pictures and detailed descriptions of the seven new items available in both youth and adult sizes.
To order, you can print this form and send cash or check, or you can order everything online in the My School Bucks School Store. For directions on how to order through the MSB School Store, please select this link.
The items will be delivered to your student at school as soon as they arrive at TCES.
**NOTE: Do not put money into the lunch money account for this purchase! That is a separate account from the School Store and can NOT be transferred.
Registering a New Student
2023-2024 School Registration
We look forward to assisting you through the registration process! In order for us to most efficiently serve you, we recommend scheduling an appointment to register your student. Please call our main office at 301-863-4044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindergarten Registration - Open registration for students who will be five years old by September 1, 2023 continues throughout the summer.
Required documents include:
- Proof of residence
- Evidence of Birth
- Immunization Record
- Court papers regarding custody (if applicable)
- Photo ID of parent/guardian
Out-of-District Transfer Requests
- In order to attend TCES, valid proof of residence must be provided.
- If you do not reside within TCES district boundaries, you must submit a transfer request (annually). This does not guarantee placement.
St. Mary’s County Public Schools (SMCPS) offers full-day Pre-kindergarten to children who reside in St. Mary’s County Maryland; meet age requirements; and are income eligible.
- A child must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2023.
- All Pre-Kindergarten classes for 4-year-olds are full day.
- A family must verify their annual income is at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Families that are at 185% FPL will be served first.
- Income verification is required of every applicant
- Application Flyers: ENGLISH -- SPANISH
Complete this PreKindergarten Application.
- School Telephone: (301) 863-4044
- Website: https://schools.smcps.org/tces/
- School Messenger: phone, email, SMS (text messages)
Please be sure all phone number(s) and email addresses are up to date!
An Important message from SMCPS Schools
ALERT: Beware of Phishing Attempts on SMCPS Student Accounts:
In recent weeks, phishing attempts have been targeted at SMCPS student accounts using methods outside of SMCPS managed services.
Phishing is a method where malicious individuals attempt to trick you into providing them with information about you and your online account information. These methods can take many forms, so staying vigilant for anything that seems out of the ordinary when online is important.
Additionally, please note that SMCPS IT support will never contact you on Discord, Steam, or any other application that is not managed by SMCPS and will never ask you for your account password. If you are contacted on any outside application stating to be SMCPS IT, please DO NOT respond, block/report the individual and inform your site administration so that it can be escalated. Contact your building-level tech or the Department of Information Technology Services (ITS) at your first leisure for more information.