Blair Oaks High School - January 17, 2019
Reminder: No School on MLK, Jr. Day
No School on Monday, January 21st, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
MAP / EOC Reports
The Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) and End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments evaluate students' progress toward the Missouri Learning Standards.
EOC reports are being sent home on Thursday, January 17th, with students who were tested last spring in English I & II, Algebra I & II, Geometry, and Government. Be sure to review those results with your student.
Unveiling of our mission!
Providing a quality education and empowering lifelong learners
Our next step is to develop a vision. We would like you to be a part of this process. Look for more information coming soon!
Sew It Up!
Mrs. Linda Cumpton, Blair Oaks High School's Family & Consumer Science teacher, will "Sew It Up", i.e. do all your alterations! Linda and her team are available to sew patches on letter jackets, hem pants, and make alterations on dresses, along with other clothing alterations/repairs. The cost is simply a donation to support the FCCLA LifeSmarts team.
If you have any work that needs to be done, contact Mrs. Cumpton at email@example.com. Alterations may be brought to the high school office for drop-off and pick-up.
- Date: Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Time: 1:30 p.m.
- Location: Blair Oaks High School Gym
- Students vs Staff Volleyball Game
- Class presidents responsible for organizing grade level teams.
- Parents are welcome to attend!
Winterfest Basketball Game
- Date: Friday, January 25, 2019
- Time: Boys basketball games begin at 5:00 p.m. vs. Linn Wildcats
- Location: Blair Oaks High School Gym
- Winterfest Assembly will be presented at half-time of the varsity game.
- Date: Saturday, January 26, 2019
- Time: 8:00 - 11:00 p.m.
- Location: Blair Oaks Elementary Gym
- Cost: $5 per person
- Attire: Semi-Formal to Formal Wear, no jeans allowed
Three Rivers Electric Cooperative Youth Programs
Juniors --- 2019 Youth Tour Essay Contest
Winners of the Youth Tour essay contest are awarded a week-long all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C., on June 14-20, 2019.
- Who: Juniors attending school in TREC's service territory (includes Blair oaks High School.) Entrants need not be a cooperative member.
- What: 6 students chosen to go to Washington, D.C., 6 students will receive $200 each
- Deadline: January 30, 2019
- Contest Rules: https://www.threeriverselectric.com/pages/youthtour.html
Sophomores --- 2019 CYCLE Contest
The Cooperative Youth Conference and Leadership Experience (CYCLE) program is a three day conference held in Jefferson City on July 17-19.
- Who: Sophomores attending school in TREC's service territory (includes Blair Oaks High School). Entrants need not be a cooperative member.
- What: 6 students chosen to attend conference; 6 finalists will each receive $50.
- Deadline: March 26, 2019
- Contest Rules: https://www.threeriverselectric.com/pages/cycle.html
Missouri Rotary Youth Leadership Academy
The Missouri Rotary Youth Leadership Academy (RYLA) is a 4-day, 3-night training program for students who exhibit a desire for community service. The curriculum is designed to inspire students to live a lifetime of "Service Above Self."
- RYLA website: Missouriryla.com
- Academy Dates: June 23-26, 2019, or July 7-10, 2019.
Location: William Wood University in Fulton, Missouri.
- Eligible Students: Sophomores or Juniors
- Application deadline: February 15, 2019
- Cost: Rotary Club pays fees, so there is no expense for the student.
- Link: 2019 RYLA Application
2nd Annual Friends of FFA Dinner & Dance
- What: Cowboy Boots & Country Roots Dinner & Dance
The evening will also include live auction, 50/50 raffles, and gun raffles.
- Date: Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Time: 5:00 p.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Social Hour from 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Dinner served at 6:30 p.m.
Fried chicken/roast beef & all the fixins!
Dancing from 8:00-12:00 p.m. Dance music provided by Shiloh.
- Location: Wardsville Lions Club, Wardsville, MO
- Cost: $40.00 per person or $320 for reserved table of 8
ACT at Blair Oaks for Juniors!
- Who: Juniors
Blair Oaks Director of Testing visited with all juniors during their English class period. Juniors were offered an opportunity to take the ACT test and/or the ASVAB military test. The sign-up for these tests is now closed.
- Where: Blair Oaks High School
- When: The ACT test will be administered on February 20th.
The ASVAB test was administered on Tuesday, February 15th.
- Scores: Students will have the opportunity to select which schools to send their ACT scores. In addition, if your student plans to play athletics in college, we suggest they chose to send their score to the NCAA and/or NAIA.
- Cost: The Blair Oaks School District will cover the cost of that test.
- Make-up tests: There are no make-up tests. Students must be present on February 20th.
- If students wish to sign up for the ACT on one of the national test dates, they must register and pay online at ACTstudent.org.
MU Mini Med School -- Juniors
MU Mini Med School offers an exciting and informative one-week summer experience for current high school juniors interested in a career in medicine. Students will go through lectures, labs, and Patient Based Learning curriculums to better understand Mizzou’s Med School.
MU Mini Medical School Dates:
- Session 1: June 16-20, 2019
- Session 2: June 23-27, 2019
- The fee is $600 per session.
Some financial aid will be available in cases of financial need.
- Application deadline is March 1, 2019.
Students of the Month
School Messenger Info
Mark your calendars!
Weather Make-Up Dates:
- School will be in session on Monday, February 18, 2019.
- School will be in session on Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
- January 21 - No School, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 24 - Winterfest Assembly, 1:30 p.m.
- January 25 - Winterfest Game, 5:00 p.m.
- January 26 - Winterfest Dance, 8:00-11:00 p.m.
- January 28 - Select Choir PLC Conference
- January 31 - Jostens' Sophomore Ring Meeting
- February 16 - Friends of FFA Dinner & Dance, 5-12 p.m.
- February 18 - Make-up snow day #1 - School is in session.
- February 20 - ACT test for juniors that signed up in English class
- February 20 - Choir Culver's Night, 5-9 p.m.
- February 23 - Choir Wal-Mart Fundraiser 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- March 3 - Project Graduation Chicken Dinner
- March 16 - Football Fundraiser Dinner, Auction, and Dance, 5-12 p.m.
- March 23 - Choir Fundraising Concert, 6:00-7:30 p.m.