DOLPHIN DIGEST 2/3/20
Community Newsletter for Arleta School
Traducción disponible Vaya al final del boletín y haga clic en el botón de traducción.
Dịch có sẵn Chuyển xuống cuối bản tin và nhấp vào nút dịch.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Feb. 3: Bread Day | 2:30
- Feb. 7: DINE-OUT at THUNDERBIRD | 4pm-2am (minors welcome until 8pm)
- Feb. 8: Regional Chess Tournament
- Feb. 10: Bread Day | 2:30
- Feb. 11: PTA Meeting | 6pm
- Feb. 12: DINE-OUT at CHAR PIZZA | 4-10pm
- Feb. 14: "Share the Love" sack lunch assembly for Laurelwood Shelter
- Feb. 17: NO SCHOOL
- Feb. 17: DINE-OUT at HENRY HIGGINS (enjoy some bagels during this no school day!)
- Feb. 19: Principal Coffee | 8:15am
- Feb. 21: FREE Family Movie Night | 6pm
- Feb. 24: Bread Day | 2:30
- Feb. 24: Connect to Kindergarten | 6pm
- April 26: SAVE THE DATE - Spring Thing: Grown-ups only (FUN)draiser for Arleta | 4-7pm
BLACK LIVES MATTER WEEK OF ACTION
Next week is the start of the Portland Association of Teachers Black Lives Matter Week of Action. There are several action events for students and the entire family.
Also, on Feb. 15 is the 30th Annual Cascade Festival of African Films' FAMILY FESTIVAL MATINEE. Check out details for this FREE event here: https://www.africanfilmfestival.org/festival/films/family-fest-matinee/ **BE SURE TO ARRIVE EARLY TO GET A SEAT AT THIS POPULAR EVENT**
The school is running very low on tissues. If you can pick up an extra box or two on your next shopping trip and bring it to the office, it would be much appreciated!
SPRING ULTIMATE FRISBEE LEAGUE
February may be a short month, but it's full of Arleta events!
SHARE THE LOVE - from now until Feb 14 we are collecting food items to make sack lunches for our neighbors at Laurelwood Shelter. And on Feb 14 after school we'll be assembling the lunches and delivering them. Scroll down for more details.
We have THREE Dine-Outs this month for your no-cooking pleasure. THANK YOU to these neighborhood businesses supporting our school!
2/7 at Thunderbird
2/12 at Char Pizza
2/17 at Henry Higgins
If you want to share your input with PPS about the search for our next principal, take the online survey: https://www.pps.net/Page/2162
Thank you for supporting the Arleta PTA!
FEB 1-14 FOOD DRIVE + FEB 14 VOLUNTEER EVENT
FEB 7 - THUNDERBIRD DINE-OUT
FEB 12 - CHAR PIZZA DINE-OUT
FEB 17 - HENRY HIGGINS DINE-OUT
THANK YOU STUDENTS FOR TAKING CARE OF ARLETA!
NO COST WAYS TO SUPPORT ARLETA
The Arleta PTA participates in THREE no-cost shopping rewards programs - Fred Meyer Community Rewards, AmazonSmile and Bottle Drop.
1. By linking your Fred Meyer Rewards card to the Arleta PTA and scanning your rewards card when you shop, a percentage of your purchase goes to the PTA. Sign up here. (And you'll still get your cash back rewards!)
2. Amazon has a similar program, called AmazonSmile. Select "Arleta School PTA" as your charitable organization to receive donations when you shop Amazon. Once you sign up, just go to smile.amazon.com to do your usual Amazon shopping. While there is no app, you can create a shortcut on your phone by going to smile.amazon.com in your browser, tap the Share button, then tap Add to Homescreen.
3. Donate your redeemable cans and bottles to Arleta through Bottle Drop. Grab a blue bag from the school office and FILL it up then take it to a Bottle Drop site, OR email email@example.com and someone will come pick it up. (Arleta pays a fee for the bags, so let's fill them to the top!)