Huskies in the Know
Important Dates to Know
- PTA Chocolate Fundraiser After Hours for Drop off/Pick Up Boxes (see chart below) - September 24 - October 12
- 6th Grade Space Shuttle Challenger Field Trip Parent Information Meeting - Wednesday, September 26; 6:00 PM, in the Cafeteria
- Student Holiday/No School - Friday, September 28
- End of the First Grading Period - Thursday, September 27
- MISD Colors for Cancer Day - Monday, October 1
- World's Finest Chocolate PTA Fundraiser Kick-off - Monday, October 1
- Report Card Grades posted in Skyward - Thursday, October 4
- Dog Dollar Store (during Husky Time) - Friday, October 5
- Student Holiday/No School - Monday, October 8
6th Grade Challenger Field Trip Parent Information Meeting
We have a fantastic educational experience planned for our students in January. We are planning to take our students to Waco with ECHO Education to “Texas: It’s a Go, Mission Control.” This is a TEKS based, STEM focused program where students will be visiting The Challenger Learning Center at Texas State Technical College. I have provided some links below that showcase this awesome opportunity.
We are asking that parents please come to an informational meeting on Wednesday Sept 26th at 6:00 pm, in the Cafeteria, to get the details and understand how this experience is one of a kind. We will also go over details of a payment plan since the trip is $65 per student, which includes a charter bus, all activities, lunch, t-shirt, water bottle, and end of program souvenir.
This program is crafted to encourage students to collaborate, experiment, and learn with simulated lessons.
Once again, please join us Wednesday Sept 26th at 6:00 pm in the Cafeteria to learn more!
6th Grade Science Teachers
PTA Chocolate Fundraiser Begins October 1st
PTA Chocolate Fundraiser Early Bird Special and After Hours Pick Up Times
HUSKY EARLY BIRD SPECIAL!!! Want to get started EARLY? LIMITED TIME OFFER!! EVERYONE WHO PURCHASE CHOCOLATE IN PERSON during AFTER HOURS ONLY PRIOR to OCT 2nd will receive $5 off each box purchased!
No Messages Will be Delivered After 3:00 PM
We understand that emergency situations can come up, and those will be handled accordingly.
Report Cards in Skyward
- In an effort to "Go Green", we will not print Report Cards each grading period. Grades are always current and live in Skyward, and we will send notifications of when the Report Card Grades are final each grading period.
- Report Card Grades for the 1st grading period will be posted to Skyward on Thursday, October 4.
- Your child will record his/her report card grades at the end of each grading period in his/her planner. Parents will sign the Planner verifying they acknowledged their child's report card grades.
- At any time, you can always contact your child's teacher(s) if you have questions or concerns about your child's grades.
Friendly Reminder about Students Arriving Before 8:00 AM
Icenhower staff begins their duty day at 8:00 AM. Students who are dropped off before 8:00 AM will not be supervised.
The school day ends at 4:00 PM. Please make sure your student is picked up in a timely manner.
Information about After School Clubs is Coming Soon - Stay Tuned!
Message from Ms.Douglas
Top 3 Things to Help your 5th Grader Transition to Icenhower!
Message from Ms. Cottle
A Few Tips to Help your 6th Grader be Successful!
School-Wide Reading Initiative!
Icenhower will be embarking on a School-Wide Reading Initiative where all student will be required to read a certain amount of books from several genres for the school year (more to come on this exciting adventure)!
Our teachers are building their classroom libraries to give students a wide variety of books to choose from, and any books you no longer use would be greatly appreciated!
You can drop off your donated books in either the front office or give them to your child's Language Arts teacher!
Join PTA Today!
The money that PTA raises in dues and fundraisers goes to fund our socials, Dog Dollar Store, and Teacher Appreciation Treats.
Monday coming back to the school will be used to purchase books to build the teachers' classroom libraries, large safety cones for the front and back drives, and a some reading programs to assist the Science and Social Studies teachers during Husky Time Intervention!
Save those Box Tops
If you received a 14-digit Bonus Box Tops code at checkout or on a package, redeem it using the link below. Earn even more cash to help your school get what it needs through the Box Tops for Education® Bonus App.
THIS YEAR’S SUBMISSION DEADLINES: November 1 & March 1
MISD Volunteer Application for the 18-19 School Year!!
Anyone wishing to volunteer and/or attend events at Icenhower must complete the Volunteer Application for the 2018-2019 school year. This includes field trips, class parties, PTA Socials and Field Day.
Parents that have more than one student at multiple campuses, only need to complete one application.
Please use the link below to fill out the application! It takes just a few minutes, and you MUST be on the approved list if you would like to attend any events listed above.
College and Career Wednesdays
How to Stay In the Know!
- Remind 101- text @ek7gga to 81010
- Follow Icenhower Intermediate on Twitter @huskyproud
- Like us on Facebook at Icenhower Intermediate
- Visit our website at https://www.mansfieldisd.org/page.cfm?p=3182
- Follow us on Instagram @huskyproud
- Weekly Newsletter
- Skyward Email Blasts
- Communication with the teachers
Icenhower Remind 101
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Please follow the arrival and dismissal procedures. Parent drop off and pick up is in the FRONT this year, and these procedures MUST be followed to ensure the safety of our students and staff. Everything will go much smoother if everyone follows the correct procedures! Dropping your child off on Collins and/or in the drive to the front is NOT safe!!!!
Students arriving prior to 8:00am are outside and unsupervised until 8:00am. At 8:00am, students enter the building and report to the gym or to the cafeteria for breakfast. The tardy bell rings at 8:30. Students not in class at this time will report to the office and sign-in as “tardy to school.”
Icenhower - The Greatest Show!
Icenhower - The GREATEST SHOW!
Our theme this year revolves around the movie, The Greatest Showman, which is anyone, no matter their background, can rise up and find success if only they combine enough imagination, determination, and grit.
This is ME!
Our theme for this year is This is ME - creating a culture of kindness, diversity and acceptance of who we are as individuals and acceptance of others.
Icenhower - The GREATEST SHOW!
This is ME!
"But I won’t let them break me down to dust
I know that there’s a place for us (…)
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I’m gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I’m meant to be, this is me!"