August 20, 2018
OPEN HOUSE TOMORROW
- Family Spaghetti Dinner: Drop in between 5:00 and 5:45 to enjoy a free family dinner at the SMS cafeteria.
- Team Meetings: Attend your team meeting* from 6:00 to 6:30 for a presentation from teachers. You'll learn about curriculum, assignments, and more! If you have more than one student at SMS, we recommend you attend the meeting of the oldest child and then visit ALL classrooms during the tour session.
- Classroom Tours: Give your family a tour by walking them through your schedule between 6:30 and 7:30. Introduce your family to your teachers. Show your family where you sit in each class. And open your locker to show them your CLEAN locker!
- Fishbowl Fun: Stop by the Fishbowl during tour time and pick up your spring 2018 ISTEP+ scores, get help creating your Eventlink and Canvas accounts, and register for door prizes!
*Ignite - West Gym, Tribe - East Gym, Cool Rays- Great Room, Dream Team- Band Room, Explorer- Choir Room, Voyager- Media Center.
Learning Pavilion Dedication
Thank you also to these incredible sponsors: Thomas Plastics Engineering, Morgan Foods, Fewell Monument, Austin TriHawk, Genesis Plastics, Total Concepts of Design, Multi-Color, Samtec, Signature Countertops, Lowe's, Scott Memorial Hospital, Lions Club, John Jones Auto Group, New Washington State Bank, Max Powder Coating, Jeffrey's Auto, Scott County Auto, GenPak, Collins Monument, Scottsburg Building & Loan, Aisin, Centra Bank, WesBanco, and SCSD2.
Today's FEATURE Program... Eventlink!
A NEW feature is the ability to receive notifications on your iPad. Check the Add Contact section and make sure your school email address is entered. Now you'll receive coach's messages right on your iPad. You can also add your cell number if you want this on your phone, too!
Go to Manage My Calendars to select all of the groups you want to follow. If you are in a club, select that calendar. If you are in a sport, select the sport and the sport practice calendar. If you want to follow the activities of friends, you can select those activities. In band or choir? Select those. Everybody MUST select their grade level guidance calendars! This way you'll KNOW when you have guidance lessons in study hall, etc.
ALL SMS students should get linked to EVENTLINK today during homeroom!
Next week's feature program is eHallPass.
- Go home after school and return for the event.
- Get in FREE! Yes, SCSD2 students get in free to home middle school events (except tournaments and football.)
- Join the cheer block. We have more power when we sit together!
- CHEER for us. SMS fans do not 'boo' or otherwise harass players, coaches, refs, or opponent fans.
- Stay in the bleachers during play. Enjoy concessions and 'hang out' during breaks.
- Keep SMS clean- watch your face paint and pick up your own trash.
- Stay AT the event until your ride is here. Once you leave, you cannot re-enter.
- Make sure your ride arrives immediately after the event (not 30 minutes later!)
Who wants to be a SUPERFAN? Map out a strategy to attend at least one home event for cross country, volleyball, boys tennis, girls soccer, boys soccer, and football!!
All SMS students are invited to join the Builders' Club. Builders is a service and leadership club that is associated with the Kiwanis International. The club callout is tonight from 3-4 in room 800. See Ms. Sutton if you have any questions. If you can't make tonight's meeting, plan to attend the next one!
7/8 Football Cheer Tryouts
Football Cheer tryouts will be held Wednesday and Thursday from 5-7 PM in the SMS Band Room. Seventh- and eighth-grade students planning to attend should sign up on the Canvas Community Page and have a sports physical on file at the SMS office. If you have any questions, contact Mr. Smith or Mrs. Manns.
Mon. Aug. 20: B day, Builders' Club 3-4, 6-7-8 VB v. Silver Creek, GSoccer @ Jeffersonville, BTennis v. North Harrison, Football @ Highland Hills
Tue. Aug. 21: A day, 7th Gr. Hearing Screenings, OPEN HOUSE, BSoccer @ Providence
Wed. Aug. 22: B day, 7/8 FB Cheer Tryouts 5-7, BSoccer @ Corydon, GSoccer v. Providence, 6/7/8 VB v. River Valley
Thu. Aug. 23: A day, 7/8 FB Cheer Tryouts 5-7, BTennis @ Southwestern, CC @ NHarrison
Fri. Aug. 24: B day