January 11th - January 22nd
Please read all sections! Many important updates! Thank you!
Core Class Announcements & Upcoming Dates
- Math 6 Unit Test on Wednesday (1/13).
Language Arts: All 2nd & 3rd Period Students (PAWS ONLY) need to purchase the I am Malala novel by January 25th. If you are unable to purchase the novel, please let Ms. Coyne know ASAP. Link to book HERE.
- Paws: Finishing up our Unit 2 BNL Projects in class this week We will begin Unit 3 Nonfiction January 25th.
- Claws: Beginning Unit 3 - Nonfiction this week! Students will be picking their own Nonfiction Novel to read during this unit. Choices will be due Friday. Novels need to brought into class by January 25th.
Science: We have started our new unit: What's the Matter? Element Project is due January 22nd.
Social Studies: We are in the middle of our Ancient Rome Unit. The test will be approximately around January 25th.
Important Upcoming Dates
Friday, January 15th - Early Release Day - End of Quarter 2 - PBIS Celebration for Students
Tuesday, January 19th - No School - Teacher Workday
Wednesday, January 20th - Language Arts Case 21
Thursday, January 21st - Math Case 21 (please make sure you have a calculator!)
Friday, January 22nd - Report Cards go home & Case 21 Makeup Day
PBIS Celebration Requirements
- 8 signatures among all core classes, they will miss one of three rotations w/ 3 SPOTS tickets
- 9 signatures among all core classes, they will miss one of three rotations w/ 6 SPOTS tickets, two of three rotations with only 3 SPOTS tickets
- 10 or more signatures among all core classes, they will miss all three rotations
- In School or Out of School Suspension during 2nd Quarter, they will miss all rotations
- Missing work still eligible for a grade, they will miss as many rotations as it takes to finish the work
All students will all be notified the morning of the celebration what rotations they will be attending and for how long. Students unable to go to any part of our celebration at this moment in time (we do still have four full school day until the end of the quarter) have already been notified. Please talk to your students about this. They are all well versed in the requirements to participate.
USO Service Project
It snowed in the Lenovo room! The 6th Grade Pumas Team from Mill Park Middle School decorated the Computer Lounge and left notes for travelling military. Naval Academy Midshipman Dan Johnston enjoyed a few of the notes left by the students. This is my kind of snow!