The Lincoln Lightning
"Your SPARK of information!"
January 14th, 2022
Dear Lincoln Families:
These next few months are going to be fantastic at Lincoln Elementary! Thank you for your support and patience as we navigate yet another interesting year. We usually see the greatest amount of growth in our students during the months of January, February, and March. Students know the expectations, they’ve set their goals, and with the support of their families and teachers… they have the tools they need to be successful. Here’s to an amazing start of 2022 and to all it has to offer!
Michelle Miner, Ed.D
Principal, Lincoln Elementary
Valentine's/Friendship Day Activities
February 11th, 2022 - please see specifics from classroom teachers as the date approaches. As we are currently in a level 3:
- Students may exchange cards
- No homemade treats please - instead, Sodexo will provide heart cookies for each student in the district
- Crafts and/or activities may be led by room parents
Please make sure to click on the links below:
Virtual Learning Opportunities
Covid Vaccine Records
Revised Mitigation Strategies (approved at Dec. 13th, school board meeting)
District’s recommended modifications to the 2021-22 Re-Entry Plan. Changes include:
- After exhibiting illness symptoms, individuals may submit a letter of clearance from a medical provider in lieu of conducting a ten (10) day quarantine or submitting a negative COVID-19 test. The letter must be dated after illness symptoms began and may only be used for the duration of the illness, not to exceed 30 days. Medical provider is defined as a board certified MD or DO, licensed nurse practitioner, or licensed physician assistant.
- All unvaccinated individuals in a classroom will be quarantined when there is one positive case of COVID-19 reported in that classroom.
- The requirement for social distancing for large gatherings in level 2 has been removed and replaced with a recommendation of 3’ of physical distance.
- All physical distancing requirements in level 1 have been removed. This includes day-to-day activities and large events.
Important Dates to Remember:
Monday, Jan. 17th - NO SCHOOL-MLK Jr. Day
Tuesday, Jan. 18th - Vision Screening
Friday, Jan. 28th - School Spirit Day - Hat Day
*Early Release - every Wednesday at 2:20pm
*Soft Landing for Morning Entry - 8:00-8:15am at our Underwood Ave. entrance. Please utilize our 'Hug and Go' area and be mindful of the handicapped parking area in the middle. Also, our neighbors would ask that you not block their driveways during this time and dismissal.
In an effort to make Lincoln the safest possible environment for our children, we ask that all visitors and volunteers please sign in at the office (Driver’s License required) and always wear a nametag identifying yourself as a visitor, including volunteering on our playground and our outdoor classroom. All staff members have been directed to ask adults not wearing proper identification to return to the office. We know you agree that safety must be our number one concern.
Also, we request that all volunteers and chaperones complete a background check verification form. We no longer use paper applications. In compliance with board policies, our district began this procedure a few years ago. We’re sorry for the inconvenience but this practice ensures the safest environment for our children. The completed background checks are valid for three years.