Burbank Family News
June 9, 2023
Dear Burbank Families,
It is remarkable to think that this is the final Family News being shared for the 2022-2023 school year. It is my hope that you are able to look back on this school year with positive memories and are able to celebrate the amazing growth your students have made this year.
This week's update includes the following:
- Important Dates
- Our Mascot Name
- Community Conversations- Home Component
- School Lunch Menu
- PTA Update
- Repeat Information: Communication: Report Cards and Class Lists for 2023-2024, Upcoming Community Conversations & End of Year Check-In 2023 (Google Form)
Important Dates- June & September
- 6/1- Grade 4 Visits Chenery (9:45-10:20am)
- 6/2- Field Day (Rain Date Friday 6/9)
- 6/7- Final Day for Library Book Return & Grade 4 Barbecue 5:30-7:30pm
- 6/12- End of Year Assemblies (9:00-9:40am- K, 1 & 2, 10:00-10:40- 3 & 4)- parents/guardians are invited
- 6/14- Grade 4 Moving On Ceremony, 9:00am- grade 4 parents/guardians are invited
- 6/15- Last Day of School, Dismissal at 11:40am, no afternoon BASEC & Student Report Cards Available on PlusPortals
- 9/6- First day of School for Students Grades 1-12 (Early Release)
- 9/7 & 9/8- Half of Kindergarten Students Report
Here is the approved 2023-2024 District Calendar, too!
Our Mascot Has a Name!
As you may remember, our students and staff voted on a new mascot for our school last fall. We are now the Burbank Bears.
Last week students voted on a name for our mascot and we are so excited to introduce you to Buddy the Bear!
Here are slides used to announce our mascot's name to students. If you view them, please be sure they are in slideshow mode so you can get the full effect!
Over the summer we will be developing lessons that will be used to teach students our positive behavior expectations across settings (including the cafeteria, recess, hallway and classroom) and Buddy the Bear will play a big part in this work.
Community Conversations- Home Component
School Lunch Menu- June
Below is the link to other published updates from our PTA that are located on our school website.
Communication: Report Cards and Class Lists for 2023-2024
End of year report cards will be accessible to all families on Thursday, June 15, 2023, which is the last day of school. You will receive an email from the district technology office that will explain how to access the report cards through PlusPortals.
Communication Regarding Class Lists 2023-2024
Class lists for the 2023-2024 school year will be sent via email in early August for students entering Grades 1-4. Students entering Kindergarten will receive their lists in late August following the summer K Intake day that has been added to our calendar to be sure we meet and welcome as many incoming Kindergartens as we can.