November 13, 2015
A Note From the Teacher
In math we are working on writing and identifying numbers 1-20. We are also comparing numbers up to 10 using the terms "more than, less than, and equal to". I am also sending math homework home today in your child's yellow folder. These are two fun activities that help your child practice the skills we have been working on at home.
Thank you for all your help. Thank you also for sharing your children with us! Have a great weekend! I hope to see you all at the Silent Auction tonight!
Please help your child complete these activities.
2. Please continue reading with your child each night.
3. Continue working on your house for our "Parade of Homes" display. Please send them in on or before Monday, November 23.
A Note From Mr. Hornacek
Just a reminder that students are not allowed to have toys at school in the morning (both cafeteria and hallways). This includes action figures, toy cars, Pokemon cards, etc. These are causing disruptions in the hallways and in the cafeteria.
Please note that we DO allow personal handheld devices like e-readers and/or handheld games as long as they are used individually and are not causing a disruption.
Related Arts Schedule
Monday - P.E.
Tuesday - STEAM Lab
Wednesday - P.E. & Library
Thursday - Art
Friday - Music
Monday, Nov. 23 - P.E.
Tuesday, Nov. 24 - STEAM Lab
Wed., Nov. 25 - Fri, Nov. 26 NO SCHOOL Thanksgiving Break
All Pro Dads, Nov. 17th @ 7am
Attention Dads and Dad-figures! We will be having our November All Pro Dads meeting on Tuesday, November 17th at 7am in the cafeteria. Come and bring your student, enjoy a light breakfast and spend some time with your student.
- November 23 - Kindergarten's Tiny Bites Feast - We are asking that each child bring in 25 bite-size snacks to share with the class. You can be as creative or as simple as you like. Examples are mini muffins, cheese cubes, fruit, crackers, cookies, etc. We do have a peanut allergy, so please do not send in peanuts or peanut butter items.
- Wednesday, Nov. 25- Friday, Nov. 27 Thanksgiving Break
A Library Moment...
Our Holiday Book Fair will be here before we know it!
We're using VolunteerSpot to organize our upcoming Holiday Book Fair volunteers.
Here's how it works in three easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our sign-up on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/cA6Lti
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Emily Black (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign-up.