A Egyptian Favourite
How to Play
- Throw the sticks to see how many squares to move your piece forward.
- If you throw a one, four, or six, you get an extra turn.
- You can't land on one of your own pieces.
- If you land on the other player's piece, you swap with them. However, you can't switch with them if they have two or more pieces in a row.
- If the other player has three or more pieces in a row, you can't pass them.
- Some squares are ‘safe' squares and some are ‘danger' squares.
- Get your pieces off the board first by going 'through' the whole game
The House of Rebirth (SQUARE 15): You land here after falling on the Nile(SQUARE 27). If the House of Rebirth is occupied, then you must land on the closest open square behind.
The House of Seth (SQUARE 21):You must exit only with numbers 1, 4 or 6.
Getting the pieces out of the Senet board:
To exit the board, the first row must be emptied of that player’s pieces.
All pieces must land on the House of Happiness (SQUARE 26) before proceeding to the last three squares.
• Get a 1 and you fall into the river and move back to the House of Rebirth.
• Get a 2 and you reach the House of the Spirits (Khu)(SQUARE 28). Moving from here to the last 2 squares is prohibited. You must get a 3 and leave the board.
• Get a 3 and you reach the House of the Double (Ka)(SQUARE 29). Moving from here to the last square is prohibited. You must get a 2 and leave the board.
• Get a 4 and you reach the last square. You must get a 1 to leave the board.
• Get a 6 and you get to leave the board.