Lenox Elementary Newsletter
Back to School Edition # 2
Translate this Newsletter/Traducir este Boletin de Noticias
You can translate our newsletter into any language in three easy steps!
1. When you receive the newsletter in your email inbox, open the email and click on the title of the newsletter to open it in Smore.
2. Once in Smore, scroll to the very bottom of the newsletter. Above the red work "report" you will see the word "translate". Click "translate".
3. Next, select your preferred language in the drop down menu and the newsletter will automatically translate into the language you chose.
¡Puede traducir nuestro boletín a cualquier idioma en tres sencillos pasos!
1. Cuando reciba el boletín en la bandeja de entrada de su correo electrónico, abra el correo electrónico y haga clic en el título del boletín para abrirlo en S’more.
2. Una vez en S'more, desplácese hasta el final del boletín. Sobre el "informe" rojo de trabajo, verá la palabra "traducir". Haga clic en "traducir".
3. A continuación, seleccione su idioma preferido en el menú desplegable y el boletín se traducirá automáticamente al idioma que elija.
Greetings Lenox Families/Saludos Familias Lenox
Once school starts, this newsletter will be distributed bi-weekly to provide open communication about what is happening and coming up at Lenox!
You can also check out our instagram - hsdlenox and;
our website - https://www.hsd.k12.or.us/lenox for the latest happenings as well.
I know there are many questions about this coming school year. Please be watching for updates between now and the first day of school related to arrival/dismissal/meals/safety/etc.
Thank you again for sharing your children with us! We can't wait to see them soon!
In service to you,
Sarah Keller, Principal
Important Upcoming Dates
- Wed., Sept 1st-- Meet and Greet 4:30-6:30 (more info below)
- Tues. Sept 7th-- Weds. Sept. 8th-- Welcome Back Conferences (Google Meet/Phone Call)
- Thur., Sept 9th-- First Day of School for Grades K-6
- Mon., Sept 13th-- Booster Club Mtg. 7:00-8:30 pm
- Tues., Sept 14th-- Dine Out Event Nonna EmeIia's 4:00-9:00pm
Meet & Greet Information
News & Notes
- Daily Breakfast and Lunch are FREE and offered to all students.
- Students will eat breakfast and lunch in the cafeteria with a 3 ft. distance when possible. We are working on getting stickers for our lunch seats so that students know exactly what that distance looks like.
- All students enrolled at Lenox will be receiving a new device! One thing to note is that all students, K-6 will be bringing their devices back and forth from school daily. Thank you so much to the School Board for investing in technology and making this all possible!
- 1st-6th grade students can bring devices back on the 1st day of school
Back to School Information
For HSD Back to School information, such as enrollment, school meals, transportation and volunteering, please click here.
To get to the HSD back to school supply list for elementary schools
click here for English
click here for Spanish
HSD 21-22 School Yearlong Calendar English
HSD 21-22 School Yearlong Calendar Spanish
Booster Club Spotlight
Welcome back to Lenox! Please join us for our first Booster Club meeting of the school year on Monday, September 13th from 7:00pm - 8:30pm! We hope to be able to hold it in-person at the school, but in the event that we need to hold our meeting virtually, please join us on Google Meet by using this link: https://meet.google.com/otd-ucco-dnn Get to know who we are, learn new and upcoming information about things happening at Lenox, and come share your thoughts on what you would like to see at Lenox for the 2021-2022 school year! We look forward to seeing you there! *Please be on the lookout for future information regarding where this meeting will take place.
September Dine Out Night: 9/14 @ 4:00pm- 9:00pm at Nonna Emilia's
YMCA Before & After Care
We are excited to welcome the YMCA back to Lenox this year! The before and after school enrichment programs are offered during the school year at many locations throughout the Portland and Vancouver metro area. Programs are open to students in kindergarten through middle school, and focuses on social growth and academic enhancement. Check out specific program details below!
Monday - Friday | AM & PM Care | 6:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Before/After Rate $135 (Member) | $150 (Non-Member)
After Care Only Rate $81 (Member) | $90 (Non-Member)
West Region Child Care | email@example.com
OPEN DOOR PROGRAM
Access for All | https://www.ymcacw.org/open-door