- ANY CANNED ITEMS
These are also items that are considered non-perishable and needed.
- Whole grains, such as quinoa and spelt
- Rice (brown, wild)
- Steel-cut or rolled oats
- Whole grain dry cereals with at least 5 grams fiber/serving
- Whole grain pastas, such as whole wheat, brown rice flour or quinoa
- Fruits in natural juice with no sugar added
- Dried or canned legumes, such as peas, lentils, peanuts and beans
- Pureed foods, such as sweet potato, pumpkin and applesauce
- Low-fat dry or shelf-stable milk
- Nut butters, including peanut, almond, walnut
- Dried herbs and spices and no-salt spice blends
- Popcorn kernels
- Dried fruits (preferably no added sugar), such as prunes, mangoes, apricots and raisins
- Granola, muesli
- Shelf-stable milk alternatives such as soy, almond, rice
- Seeds, such as sesame, sunflower or pumpkin
- Healthy oils, such as olive and grape seed
- Green, white and herbal tea
- Plain, unsalted nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pistachios and pecans
- Natural sweeteners, such as honey
- 100 percent fruit juice
LAST CALL PLEASE!!!!!!!! September/October Pictures Video !!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!
We've had lot's of fun happening!!!! Please upload your videos through nextweek. I'll probably wait and send the newsletter on Sunday, November 2nd so I can include all the RED RIBBON AND Agriculture Awareness Field Trip FUN pictures.
Please add any pictures here from September/October for my November Newsletter video. Make sure students are good for public. Please include pictures from Dot Day, Constitution Day, Parent Orientation, Patriot Day, anything else fun :).
Pictures for Drive-Please make sure it's in .jpg
Or watch this 30 second video. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y_oyIO3NMqZoo9EtQGrk7z7RwdAJ_lAr/view?usp=sharing
LATCHKEY-NO MORE STARTING MONDAY
From Mrs. Cristan
- Elementary Thanksgiving Feast is on Wednesday, November 13th.
- Elementary will be eating in the classrooms on Thursday, November 14th.
- Sack lunches will be provided on this day. Menu will be sent out by cafeteria.
- End of the six weeks is November 15th.
- We will recognize all Perfect Attendance on November 22nd.
- Please verify that your attendance is accurate; we don’t want to miss anyone.
- Thank you for being more vigilant and proactive when supervising students; it is making a positive difference.
From Mrs. Hoover
- Reports have been printed for the writing benchmark and have been placed in your mailboxes.
- Interim assessment data is now available in DMAC for Math teachers. Please make sure to examine this information. It is a good reliable resource.
- ESL spreadsheet is due November 5th. It is tab 3. Please fill it in completely including reading levels.
From Mrs. Villarreal
- Teachers, If you know of a student and family that can use some help at Christmas time, please send me their name. Mr. Gray would like this information by this Friday, Nov. 1st. I have submitted some names, mostly those on my snack pack list.
- If you know of families that are interested in the Toys for Tots program for ages (birth-13), parents or guardians can sign up at the ST. Paul the Apostle Church 2233 Waldron RD in the Religious Education Building Foyer. Registration is taking place Nov. 4-27th from 9 a.m. to Noon, then 1:30-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Adults must bring a photo ID, proof of address, income or Govt. Assistance, social security cards for all, and birth certificates or govt. card to show ages of children.
- Teachers, please let us know if you have concerns about a student that is struggling with a particular subject. We need to start the RtI process as soon as possible, add interventions, tutoring, or accommodations so the student can be successful. It is best to start identifying these things early, because if we do refer a student for any kind of testing, it is a time consuming process. Please document in DMAC all interventions you are doing to help.
- When completing ADHD paperwork, please try and get the doctor’s name and fax number. This helps expedite the process.
- Just a reminder, please listen to the concerns of your students. I have students signing up for counseling when the situation could have been resolved in the classroom. I have been going over this in our guidance lessons only to hear some say, “but we do tell our teachers, but they don’t listen”. Just take a little time to do this, and you will have a happier learning environment.
- Thank you to our fabulous RED RIBBON COMMITTEE: Mrs. Fordyce, Mrs. Messina, Mrs. Harris, Mrs. Featherby, Mr. Owens…and Nadine G.
HEALTHY TEACHERS...HAPPY TEACHERS...(isn't that a saying?)
JOIN STAR'S AMAZING WORKOUTS TOO IN THE GYM MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS!!!!
News from Coach Scott
Staff Meeting!!! Thursday November 7th
Positivity Project Week NINE: Bravery
Here is this week's AGENDA for BRAVERY:
ThursdayOctober31Agricluture Awareness DayAll DayRobstown3rd Grade Field Trip
MondayNovember4Nueces Delta Pod 7 (Cooper, Ames, Jackson, McAliley)All DayOdem4th Grade Field Trip
TuesdayNovember5Nueces Delta Pod 8 (A. Morgan, Ready, Atkinson, Falany)All DayOdem4th Grade Field Trip
WednesdayNovember6Nueces Delta Pod 9 (Fordyce, S. Morgan, Tweddle, Messina)All DayOdem4th Grade Field Trip
ThursdayNovember7Nueces Delta Pod 10 (Flores, Alvarado, Rowe, Ainsworth)All DayOdem4th Grade Field Trip