October 1-5, 2018
Upcoming Important Events
- October 1 STRIDE (4:00-5:15 PM) Gym/Playground
- October 1 Scouts (6:15-8:15 PM) Cafeteria
- October 2 Scouts (6:15-8:15 PM) Cafeteria
- October 2 PTA Meeting (7:00-8:00 PM) Media Center
- October 3 Student Count Day
- October 3 STRIDE (4:00-5:15 PM) Gym/Playground
- October 3 Scouts (6:15-8:15 PM) Cafeteria
- October 4 Board of Education Meeting (7:00 PM) ESC Board Room
- October 5 PTA Outdoor Family Movie Night (7:00 PM)
- October 8 Columbus Day
- October 8 STRIDE (4:00-5:15 PM) Gym/Playground
- October 8 Scouts (6:15-8:15 PM) Cafeteria
- October 9 Elementary District-Wide Open House (6:00-8:00 PM)
- October 9 Scouts (6:15-8:15 PM) Cafeteria
- October 10 STRIDE (4:00-5:15 PM) Gym/Playground
- October 10 Scouts (6:15-8:15 PM) Cafeteria
- October 11 Brownies (4:00-5:00 PM) Media Center
- October 11 Brownie Informational Meeting (6:30-7:00 PM) Cafeteria
- October 11 WLN Homecoming Parade (5:00-6:00 PM) WLN
- October 11 WLN Homecoming Game (7:00-9:00 PM) WLN
For the Walled Lake District Calendar, please click HERE
For a Yearly List of Major Religious and Other Holidays, please click HERE
For a list of middle school delayed start dates, please click HERE
For middle school late start dates and high school PLC dates, please click HERE
October PTA Meeting
Becoming a member of the PTA is easy and so important. Please click HERE to visit our PTA Membership area on our PTA web page. Here you will find details about PTA membership and a download of our PTA Membership Form to complete.
Harriet Kirshman, our PTA Membership Chairperson, is happy to answer questions if you have them. Please contact Harriet at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Student Count Day
Please see that you child is in attendance on Wednesday for this important Student Count Day. Regular attendance is always important, including this special day.
PTA Outdoor Family Movie Night
Our Dublin PTA Outdoor Family Movie Night will take place on Friday, October 5th from 7 PM to 9:30 PM on our school playground's blacktop area behind our gymnasium.
Come and set up your blankets & lawn chairs, grab some snacks and settle in for Trolls, our movie for Family Movie Night. The movie starts promptly at dusk, so please be on time!
Popcorn, candy and beverages will be available for purchase
PTA members and their families are free!
Non-membership price is just $1.00 per person
You may purchase a PTA(membership at this event if you choose.
We look forward to a fun evening. You won't want to miss this fun, family event. We hope to see you there!
District-Wide Open House
Families with children seeking premier preschool through high school educational opportunities are cordially invited to visit any of the 19 Walled Lake Schools.
Bring your family to visit Walled Lake Schools so you can meet our world-class
teachers, speak with members of our administrative team, meet our students and parents, get an up-close look at our facilities, and most importantly, experience our ‘every child, every day’ philosophy. Children believe anything is possible; they’re right! In Walled Lake Schools the possibilities are endless!
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9 | 6-8 p.m.
Families with children preschool age through grade five are invited to visit any of the 12 Walled Lake Elementary Schools from 6-8 p.m. on Tuesday, October 9.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11 | 6-8 p.m.
Families with children grade six through grade eight are invited to visit any of the four Walled Lake Middle Schools from 6-8 p.m. on Thursday, October 11.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14 | 1-3 P.M.
Families with children grade nine through grade 12 are invited to visit any of the three Walled Lake High Schools from 1-3 p.m. on Sunday, October 14.
For more information, please click HERE for information on our Walled Lake web page.
Northern Homecoming Parade
Our Dublin Student Council has been invited to be part of the homecoming parade which begins at 5:00 PM in the parking lot at Walled Lake Northern. We are asking that all Student Council kids be there at 4:30 PM to assemble and be ready for the start of the parade at 5:00 PM. Student Council parents are welcome to join as well! We look forward to a fun parade event.
The football game will take place later in the evening at 7:00 PM.
October Box Top Collection
Sheets should be turned in to our main office by October 19th.
The class that collects the most box tops will receive a cider mill snack of cider and donuts compliments of the Dublin PTA. Thank you for helping!
October 31st is a HALF-DAY of school with dismissal from 12:00-12:09 PM.
Classroom parties will take place from 10:45-11:45 AM with dismissal following.
Students may bring an appropriate school costume to wear during their classroom party. Please make sure costumes are safe and appropriate for elementary school children and for school.
Please check with your child's teacher for party plans and food needs. Please also remember that several of our classrooms are allergy alert classrooms and have special restrictions. Your child's teacher will have details for you about this.
Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
Walled Lake Schools Special Services
Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
What is the PAC?
PAC is a committee of parents whose children receive Special Education services. It's made up of parent volunteers from every school and program in the district. The group meets once a month with the Director of Special Services.
What do PAC Representatives Do?
- Attend monthly PAC meetings to help plan events and help other families in the district navigate various issues relative to our Special Education community.
- Ensure communication between schools, families, and Special Education staff.
- Pass along Special Education information to other families and your school's PTA.
- Publicize upcoming Special Services PAC events.
- Donate their time and talent to help with various PAC events throughout the school year.
When does the PAC Meet?
Meetings are held once a month, typically in the evening. Everyone interested in supporting Special Services is welcome. Come as often as you can!
Take a Small Step
- Go to http://wlcsd.org/our-district/special-services/ for more information about Special Services in Walled Lake. Be sure to check out the important links to the right and check back often as new information is constantly available.
- Join our Facebook page for more information throughout the year. https://www.facebook.com/groups/477146786058805/ or search "Walled Lake Schools Special Needs PAC" and ask to join the group.
If you would like to join us or if you'd like more information, contact the Walled Lake PAC representatives. We are here to help!
Cory Hensley: email@example.com 248-225-7922
Kathy Mack: firstname.lastname@example.org 248-342-6186
Please click HERE for an informational flyer with details and dates of meetings with topics.
PTA Boo Bash-Save the Date!
Dublin students, parents, and siblings are invited to attend. All family members can wear a costume. The PTA will have games, and a DJ will supply music for dancing.
Please mark your calendars for this fun family event.
Voluntary School Accident Insurance
In an effort to have great communication from school to home, we also offer Remind 101 to all Dublin parents.
How does it work?
If you would like to receive a quick text message on your cell phone or device, just sign up with us and you receive a quick text to remind you of important school events, deadlines, time frames, etc. at Dublin.
You can unsubscribe at any time, and we promise not to over use this communication tool either!
PLEASE SEE THE DIRECTIONS BELOW TO SIGN UP NOW!
If you signed up last year, you will need to sign up again.
PTA Reflections 18-19
This year's PTA Reflections theme is Heroes Around Me.
it’s a great time to start getting inspiration for our annual PTA Reflections Program projects! Start thinking about the people in your world who are heroes. Are they someone whose job is to help people? Are they someone who volunteers in the community? Are they kids helping grown-ups? Or grown-ups helping kids? Are they people helping animals? Or animals helping people?
We can’t wait to see how those heroes inspire you through the arts! Review the current standing rules at the Michigan PTA Reflections website. More information to come! Get creative!
Dublin Contact Information
Principal's Secretary email@example.com
Building Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org