Back to School Findley Flyer 7/30
Engage. Connect. Grow
This is our 2nd Back to School Findley Flyer. I sent one out last week, so if you are a new family and did not receive last week's flyer, here is the link: https://www.smore.com/d3vtc
The teachers and staff are looking forward to seeing you at our "Meet and Greet" events next week. See more details below regarding these events.
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!
8/4-PreK and KK Meet and Greet
8/5-Grades 1-5 Meet and Greet
8/9-First Day of School
8/18-PTA Executive Board Meeting-9:30 am
8/24-Curriculum Night (TAG, ESOL, Special Education, and PreK)
8/25-Curriculum Night (Kindergarten, 2nd, and 4th)
8/26-Curriculum Night (1st, 3rd, and 5th)
More information will be communicated regarding Curriculum Nights
9/6-Labor Day Holiday-Schools Closed
Meet and Greet Information
PreK and Kindergarten-August 4 from 3:30 pm-4:30 pm
3:30-3:50- Meet and Greet in classroom (meet the teacher, supply lists, transportation, volunteer for classroom)
3:50-4:00-Informational meeting for parents (students will do a craft activity with the kindergarten paras starting at this time)
4:00-4:15-PTA information at PTA table in food court
4:15-4:30-Popsicles on the playground
3:30-3:45-Meet and Greet in classroom (meet the teacher, supply lists, transportation, volunteer for classroom)
3:45-4:00-PTA information in food court (students remain with PreK paras to complete a craft activity)
4:00-4:15-Brief parent meeting and Q&A
4:15-4:30-Popsicles on the playground
Grades 1-5 Only-August 5 from 8:30 am-10:00 am
Meet and Greet Checklist
Your Child’s Classroom:
Supply lists (also available on our website)
Volunteer for classroom
Bus information (also available on the Fulton County website)
Prepay Extra Sale items (breakfast and lunch are free for all students again this year)
PTA Falcon Fund, Class Shirts, Volunteer Information
Afterschool Enrichment & Afterschool Care Program information is available on the Findley Oaks website under ‘Activities’.
Can't join us in person? There will be an optional virtual Meet and Greet for all grades on August 5 from 8 am-8:30 am. This will an opportunity for your child to meet his or her teacher. The welcome email from the teacher will include a link to the Teams virtual Meet and Greet for those who choose this option. If your child has medical needs, please reach out to the clinic and be sure to let the teacher know how your child will dismiss each day.
Who do I Contact for Questions or Conerns?
- David Applegate- The Instructional Support Teacher (IST) coordinates programs and service delivery for special education students. He coordinates educational testing for students who are referred for special education services. Parents with questions about the special education process should contact the IST for information. email@example.com
- Cindy Lamb-The Assistant Principal who oversees student information (Infinite Campus, Parent Portal), grading, standardized testing, discipline. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Hernandez-The School Counselor works with school personnel to foster a positive learning environment for children. The counselor assists parents in understanding children and in developing positive attitudes, techniques, and strategies essential for constructive child rearing. The counselor assists parents and children in obtaining special school and/or community services and helps conduct the SST and testing programs. email@example.com
- Colleen Greathouse-The Curriculum Support Teacher (CST) Parents with questions involving curriculum, class placement, and diagnostic placement assessments are invited to contact the Curriculum Support Teacher for information. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If further assistance is still needed, contact the Principal, Camille Christopher. email@example.com
Stay Updated With All Things Findley Oaks!
We want to make sure that you are receiving communications and that you are informed of all of the latest information.
What to expect:
- Homeroom teachers will send weekly newsletters every Friday.
- The Findley Flyer will go out the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. (beginning August 5).
- There may be times that the school will send other communications via Blackboard as needed.
- The PTA will send a newsletter weekly. Be sure that you have registered to receive communications from the PTA.
Parent Portal Access
New parents will not be able to set up their parent portal account until after rollover, on August 4th. Instructions on how to setup your account can be found on the Fulton County website.
If you are having issues logging in and needs to reset their password, they will do that through the Infinite Campus recovery. The Service Desk cannot reset parent passwords.
The Parent Portal will Go Live on Thursday, August 5th at 4:00. You will be able to see your student’s schedules then.
Dismissal Numbers – Use this number to pick up your child in carpool OR if your PK, K, or 1st, grader is a walker.
- ALL students will be assigned a dismissal number according to their household. Parents you will only have ONE number for all your students. If you have been assigned more than one number, please email Chriss Kolls @ KollsC@fultonschools.org
- Dismissal Numbers will be distributed during Meet and Greet.
- Participated in Virtual Meet and Greet – Parents will receive an email from their child’s teacher with the assigned Dismissal Number. Student will receive the tag on the first day of school. If you are picking your child up on Day 1, please make a temporary card with your child’s number on it and bring it with you.
- If you are picking up in carpool, please put the card on your dashboard so the staff member can see it.
- If you are picking up your walker, show it to the staff member as requested.
- At dismissal, parents will gather outside the building at the designated location.
- Parents will show their dismissal number to the staff who will then release the student to the parent. If an older sibling is picking up the PK, K or 1st grader they can meet at the designated areas list below.
- Findley Chase – front – parents meet by the crosswalk;
- Findley Chase – back – parents meet at Door #5; siblings meet inside recess door
- Wellington – meet at Door # 5; siblings meet inside recess door
- Please be sure anyone you designate to pick up your child has your dismissal number. Students will not be released without the proper dismissal card. You will be asked to come into the building and show ID in order to get your child.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students do not need a parent/guardian to present a tag as they are permitted to walk home without a parent/guardian.
- Display your Dismissal number on passenger side visor.
- Drop off is from 7:10 am-7:40 am.
- Please drive slowly and do not pass other vehicles.
- Stay inside your vehicle.
- Do not use your cell phone while picking up/dropping off students.
- Children must enter and exit on the right side of the vehicle.
- If you arrive after 7:40 AM, please park your car and escort your child to the main office.
- Students are not allowed to re-enter the building once they are dismissed.
- Parents will look up the bus stop information here.
- Bus tags will be available at Meet and Greet.
- If you attend virtual Meet and Greet, your child will receive a bus tag the first day of school.
- Findley Oaks will have two on-site childcare programs this year: YMCA and The Tutor Shop. Students attending these will go directly from the classroom to the designated locations. Parents register directly with these organizations.
- There are multiple local daycares that pick students up at Findley Oaks at dismissal. Parents register directly with the daycare.
- It is your responsibility to let the daycare know that your child will not be riding with them if your child is absent or checked out early from school. Our dismissal process is significantly slowed down when we must look for a child.
Students are not permitted to re-enter the building once they are dismissed.
Forgotten homework, notebooks, lunch boxes, etc. can be retrieved the next day.
Provide Feedback on the New K-12 Mathematics Standards
The Georgia Department of Education posted new K-12 Mathematics Standards for a 30-day public comment period. If approved, the standards will be implemented in the 2022-23 school year, following a year of teacher training.
The draft standards and additional information can be found at the following links:
The State Board of Education is scheduled to vote on adoption of the standards at its August meeting.
Here Comes the Bus
2021-2022 FCS Student Code of Conduct
Fulton County Schools is making its Student Code of Conduct & Discipline Handbook available online in PDF format (click the link below). Once you have read the electronic version and have reviewed the contents with your student(s), please take a moment to complete the Acknowledgement of Receipt Form by using the provided link below. All parents and student (over 10 years old) MUST sign this form found within your INFINTE CAMPUS PARENT/STUDENT PORTAL ACCOUNT. This form will be available AFTER Aug 2, 2021. If you would like a paper copy of the Handbook, you or your student can pick one up in your school's front office.