What is the Atkins diet?
Pros and Cons
- Many people have lost a lot of weight on this plan. Several Atkins dieters I know have lost as much as 80 pounds.
- Some Atkins dieters see improvements in cholesterol levels (despite the diet's high fat content).
- Potential but seemingly rare complications can include osteoporosis, hypotension, liver and kidney problems, and possible increase in heart disease risk.
- You must account for every gram of carbohydrate you consume which can be difficult for some people to do, particularly when eating out.
- Those who return to eating carbs again usually regain all -- if not more than -- the weight they lost during the diet
eggs, scrambled or fried in butter with bacon, ham or canadian bacon
Decaf. Coffee or Tea
1 cup salad greens
1 cup sliced turkey or ham (sugarfree)
2 tbsp sugar free Dressing of choice
2 cups salad greens with 2 tbs dressing or 1 cup steamed vegetables assorted, from the permissible vegetable list
Steaks, roasts, chops or fish
diet jello with artificially sweetened heavy cream