Paid employment & internship opportunities
Northridge Auto Spa
Middle School Student needs transportation home
Job Details: Pick-up student at Wakefield Middle and drop them off at their house. House is located in the La Ventana neighborhood off Highway 98 near Stony Hill Rd (about 10 min from the school).
Days: Monday – Friday on school days
Time: Arrive at Wakefield Middle at 3:15 pm. Drop off at house around 3:45 pm.
Contact: Carol Mills
City BBQ is hiring!
City BBQ is looking for enthusiastic students who want to make some REALLY easy Christmas money. They need someone to sign customers up for our loyalty app while they are waiting in our line at the store. This is not really a restaurant job (no cooking, serving, cleaning etc) - just being polite and happy. They need someone Monday thru Friday nights from 5:00-8:00 and weekends from 12:00-3:00 and 5:00-8:00. A motivated student could easily pick up 15 hours per week. The pay is $12.50 per hour. The job would end after Christmas. If you are interested, please email David Bayles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim Instructors Needed!
Please use the online application to apply. After filling out the job application online applicants can expect to receive a phone call to set up an in person interview. The full Swim Instructor job description is listed below.
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
2. Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
3. Evaluates students’ progress. Completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
4. Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills. Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
5. Uses problem solving/creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
6. Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
7. Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
8. Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork
9. Performs deck teacher duties as needed.
10. Occasionally performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc.
11. Occasionally required to attend in-service training outside of regular working hours. 12. Any other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned by the Employer from time to time.
Education/Experience: Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor, and/or childcare provider required. Two or more years as a swimming instructor required. Swimming experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: CPR/First Aid certification required. Shallow water attendant highly recommended.
Belk is hiring seasonal employees
Full-time and part-time holiday sales and support positions available.
- Competitive pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Generous associate discount
- May lead to permanent employment
Text JOBS to belk4U
Learn more at www.belk.com/careers
Mathnasium of Wakefield is looking for Math Tutors
We are currently looking to hire tutors at the center. We are looking for either Seniors who have completed an AP Calculus. Pay ranges between $10 and $13 an hour depending on their math skills and it is a great oppurtunity for them to learn and grow as an employee!
Primrose School of North Raleigh is Hiring
Primrose School of North Raleigh is a private preschool in the North Raleigh area serving families with children from the ages of 6 weeks to 5 years. We are seeking energetic, organized, and enthusiastic high school and college students to join our Support Staff team. We are looking for applicants who can work from 3-6pm or 4-6pm Monday through Friday. We will consider some flexibility of times and dates for the right applicant. We offer competitive pay as well as invaluable work experience.
Interested applicants are welcome to submit applications and/or resumes to email@example.com or by fax at 919-329-2930.
For more information about the position please go to: www.primrosenorthraleigh.com where there is a Careers tab.
Wakefield Plantation is looking for Hosts and Servers
This is a great job and right across the street from school! If you are interested, please email David Clough at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you bilinguel (English and Spanish)? This is the job for you!
The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation is Hiring Servers
Need a Job?
The best way to find a good part-time job is to let everyone know you're looking for one and start searching! Sometimes you can create your own job or small business by noticing what people need. Ask yourself some of these questions to begin thinking of creating your own employment opportunities:
Do the people in your neighborhood need yard work or babysitting? Dog-walking? Errand-running? Tutoring their young children or themselves in computer or internet knowledge? How about being a personal fitness companion to keep someone on track with their running program?
Data Entry Position - Needs to be filled ASAP!
No experience is necessary. If you are interested please email your resume to email@example.com or call 1-800-590-1280
Auto Bell is Hiring
Autobell Car Wash is America's third-largest full-service, conveyor-operated car wash company with 65 units in 26 North Carolina, 2 South Carolina, 4 Georgia, and 5 Virginia cities and towns, and based out of Charlotte, NC. We offer employees exciting, fun, and rewarding opportunities to learn our industry from the ground up. Benefits include a free car wash every week, above average earnings, no night work, flexible schedules, scholarship opportunities, exceptional training, and advancement opportunities while still in school.
Autobell Car Wash is in its 45th year of operation and believes in being a community and environmental leader. Learn more about employment opportunities, our water recycling process, and the charity car wash program at www.autobell.com. Autobell Car Wash is seeking a handful of energetic people to vacuum cars and dry cars. Each employee is responsible for executing Autobell procedures while working with a sense of urgency in order to satisfy our customers. The ideal candidates will be outgoing, energetic, loves working outside, and is looking to make good money.
Crew Members at Autobell Car Wash are responsible for ensuring an excellent customer experience by performing basic jobs duties including, but not limited to, vacuuming and hand drying cars. Autobell customers expect two things from a visit to one of our locations, a clean car and a great experience. Therefore, we are looking for bright and upbeat individuals for part-time positions.
Job Title: Crew Members
Compensation: $7.25 hourly plus TIPS
How to Apply: Apply in-person at 8309 Falls of the Neuse, Raleigh, NC 27616. For additional assistance and/or questions email Campus Recruiter, Sarah Kent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements: Because every employee must be able to operate a motor vehicle, a valid Driver’s License is required. Autobell is a drug-free workplace and every candidate must therefore submit to a preemployment drug screen. In order to maintain a professional appearance by all employees must be able to adhere to the uniform
Resume & Interviewing Information
Cover Letter Information
- The Cover Letter - The cover letter is designed to introduce yourself to an employer with the object of getting an interview for a job that is advertised. It is important to follow some simple rules in writing a cover letter:Customize each cover letter with an inside address (do not use "to whom it may concern").
- Personalize the greeting (Dear Ms. Smith). Try to get the name of a person whenever possible.
- Mention where you heard about the position so your reader knows where to direct your résumé and letter. The first paragraph of your cover letter is a great place to state your objective. You can tailor your objective to suit the position.
- The second paragraph is the perfect place to mention specific experience that is targeted to the job opening. Here is where you summarize why you are absolutely perfect for the position. Really sell yourself. Pick and choose some of your experience and/or education that is specifically related to the company's requirements, or elaborate on qualifications that are not in your résumé but apply to this particular job. If you make mention of the company and its needs, it becomes immediately obvious that your cover letter is not generic. Entice the reader to find out more about you in your résumé. Don't make this section too long or you will quickly lose the reader's interest.
- The closing should be concise. Let the reader know what you want (an application, an interview, an opportunity to call). Close your letter with something like: "I look forward to hearing from you soon." And remember to say, "Thank you for your consideration" or something to that effect.
The Thank You Letter- A thank you acknowledgment should be sent as soon as possible after an interview. A thank you letter may be sent to each interviewer or, if the firm has one, to the recruitment coordinator with a note to pass along your thanks to those with which you spoke during the interview. Try to personalize each letter, it can be time consuming, but it may pay off. If you are sending a single letter which thanks everyone you met, take the time to give the names of those you interviewed with and make sure you spell their names correctly.
The Interview - The Interview - An interview is a personal encounter between two people. To communicate what you have to offer, you must establish good rapport. The way you conduct yourself during the interview is critical. Some pointers:Be confident, not cocky
- Be assertive and clear in your communication
- Be relaxed. They need you as much as you need them
- Communicate your interest in the position and your enthusiasm
- Have good voice quality. Don't shout, but let yourself be heard
- Be a good listener. It will help you determine the company's needs and how you might fill them.
Research the Company and the Position. The more you know about the company and the job you are applying for, the better you will appear in the interview. An interviewer will be impressed by your interest and motivation, and you will be able to explain what you can do for the company.
Find out as much key information as you can about the company, its products and its customers. If possible, talk to people who work at the company. There may be other sources of information on the Web, especially if the company is publicly traded.
- Prepare for the Actual InterviewPractice your answers to Common Questions. Likewise, prepare a list of questions to ask the employer. Most interviews follow this pattern: First, you answer questions about your experience and qualifications, then you ask questions about the job.
- Rehearse your interview with a friend. You should be able to convey all pertinent information about yourself in 15 minutes. Tape yourself to check your diction, speed, and body language.
- Prepare your interview materials before you leave. Bring several copies of your resume, a list of references, and, if appropriate, any work samples. Make sure they are all up to date.
- Dress professionally and comfortably. You will be judged in some respects by what you wear. When in doubt, dress conservatively.
See Mrs. Joyner in Student Services for more information about Resumes & Inte
Youth Worker's Permit
- Any North Carolina resident under the age of 18 who is employed for wages must have a Youth Worker Permit on file with their employer. Youth Work Permits are issued on-line from the NC Department of Labor. To obtain a work permit, follow these instructions:The student must first have a job.
- The student or employer should access the NC Department of Labor web site (www.nclabor.com) and click on the “Youth Work Permit” button from the Quick Clicks menu located on the right side of the home page.
- After reading the instructions on the next page that appears, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Youth Employment Certificate” button. This will give the user access to the permit application.
- On the application page, both the employee and employer should complete the requested information in the applicable section. Required fields are denoted with an asterisk. Email address is optional in both sections.
- In the employer section, the employer must choose the type of business in which the employee will work, from the drop-down menu and answer the question regarding whether or not the business has an on-premises ABC permit.
- Click “Continue” to advance to the next page.
- Choose the proposed job from the list on the drop-down menu found at the bottom of the page.