5th Grade Newsletter
May 3, 2018
Food Drive Ends Tomorrow!
HELP US HELP OTHERS! 5TH GRADE IS FALLING BEHIND!
Please consider sending in donations if you are able.
Donations of the following are most needed:
Personal Care Items: Toothbrush, Soap, Deodorant, Body wash
Non- perishable food items: Peanut butter, jelly, canned pasta, boxed mac and cheese, boxed meal helpers, children’s cereal, fruit cups, fruit juices, ramen noodles, flour, cooking oils, condiments, crackers, baking mixes
For Babies: boxed baby cereal, formula, 4 & 5 diaper
Other: Laundry detergent, household cleaners, dishwashing liquid
Hopefully you can help us fill the pantry!!
May 3: Progress Reports go home; Drama Club student performance of The Wizard of Oz at 6:30 p.m.
May 4: Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast 8:15 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
May 7- 11: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 8: Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night (8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.)
May 9: Walk to School Day
May 14: STAAR Math Test grades 3,4, and retake 5
May 15: STAAR Reading Test grades 3, 4 and retake 5
May 16: STAAR Science Test grade 5
May 18: Field Day (Grade 5 Only)
May 25: No School
May 28: No School
May 30 - 5th Grade Award's Assembly 8:00 in the Cafe
May 31 - 5th grade party at Strikz
Accessing Student STAAR Results
May STAAR Testing
Fifth grade students are scheduled to take the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) tests in Science on May 16, 2018.
There are several things that you can do to help your child be successful on this test.
· Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before the test.
· Prepare a healthy breakfast for your child on the morning of the test.
· Have your child arrive at school on time that morning to avoid feeling rushed.
· Send a snack with your student to have during the testing. (Non-messy snacks are best)
· Do not schedule any medical appointments for your child on test day.
· Please do not plan to eat lunch with your child on test day.
· Finally, send your child to school with a hug and words of encouragement.
Please note, cell phones are not allowed in the classroom during testing. Thank you for your support in preparing your student for the STAAR test. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Drama Club Presents: Wizard of Oz! Tonight at 6:30 pm
Science - Concept Review
Reading - Synthesizing Fiction
Writing - Drafting Research Information
Social Studies - Atlas Skills
Grammar - Grammar Review