Brock Intermediate News
March 24, 2019
Monday, March 25th
- Rob Holladay Assembly for Parents 6:00 BHS
Tuesday, March 26th
Wednesday, March 27th
- 5th Grade Science Benchmark
Thursday, March 28th
- Brock High School will be hosting the UIL Academic Meet. As such, high school students that are NOT participating in the UIL meet will be leaving campus early. This change in schedule ONLY impacts high school. Buses and dismissal for all other BISD campuses will run on regular schedule.
Friday, March 29th
- State Bullseye Archery
- GT nominations due - see details below
Saturday, March 30th
- Parker County - County Wide Clean-up day
Monday, April 1st
- 3rd grade Reading Benchmark
- 4th grade Math Benchmark
Tuesday, April 2nd
- 4th-grade reading Benchmark
- World Autism Day
Wednesday, April 3rd
- Archery Pictures
Friday, April 5th
- End 5th Six Weeks
- NHS Night at the Movies at BHS 1st movie at 8:15 p.m. (see attached)
Tuesday, April 9th - no food deliveries due to campus being closed
- 4th Grade Writing STAAR test - campus closed to visitors
- 5th Grade Math STAAR test - campus closed to visitors
Wednesday, April 10th - no food deliveries due to campus being closed
- 5th Grade Reading STAAR test - campus closed to visitors
Thursday, April 11th
- 3rd grade Music Program - details to come from Mrs. Ward
Friday, April 12th
- BJH Dance 6th grade invited - see details below
Brock ISD offers a Gifted and Talented program that is designed to meet the needs of those students who demonstrate a need for differentiated curriculum.
According to Texas Education Code, the definition of a gifted student is as follows:
In this subchapter, “gifted and talented students” means a child or youth who performs at or shows the potential for performing at a remarkably high level of accomplishment when compared to others of the same age, experience, or environment and who:
(1) exhibits high-performance capability in an intellectual, creative, or artistic area;
(2) possesses an unusual capacity for leadership; or
(3) excels in a specific academic field.
Any person can nominate a student. Nominations will be accepted through March 29, 2019.
If you are interested in having your child nominated for the screening and identification process for the Gifted and Talented program, please come to the school to pick up the forms required. If you would like a form emailed, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-594-8017 to ask for a form. Nomination forms or questions may be addressed to Stacy Jerrett.
7th grade Required Athletic Physicals
Internet Challenges & Safety
We have experienced concerns regarding the current internet media focus, Momo Challenge. Our goal is to support an environment that allows continued student safety and security for the kids. Staff members will continue to monitor online usage and security measures are in place to support student technology use. As always, educating the students on how to navigate all of the various online resources can be a challenge but we are dedicated to being proactive and partnering with parents/guardians to ensure we are addressing concerns as they are brought to us.
Here are some resources to educate yourselves as well as open the door for communication with your kids. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time.
WFAA Momo Challenge Facts: (contains graphic images if you watch the video)
Family Online Safety Institute:
Eagle Eyes are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer throughout the school year at Brock Elementary.The “Eagle Eyes” will work right along-side the staff as they read and work with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with all students.
If you are interested in being an Eagle Eye, please here for more information as well as forms to fill out and turn in.
BIS Lunch Times
3rd grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
4th grade: 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 11:55 p.m. - 12:25.m.