St. Mel Technology Education Video
Parent Authorization for Student Participation
- St. Mel Catholic School and Computer Explorers have partnered for the past 6 years to help students excel in using technology to learn, create, communicate and collaboratively solve problems. We are planning to showcase St. Mel's technology education program by preparing a short video which will include students, teachers, and parents.
- The goal is to visually depict the value of technology education in helping your students to become responsible, informed and skilled at using technology as a tool to learn now and in the future. Select students, parents and teachers will be interviewed.
- The video will be accessible via the St. Mel and the Computer Explorers websites. Additionally, the video may be used for demonstration purposes with other schools and school administrators around the country. No additional commercial use of the video will be authorized.
- St. Mel is viewed as a "best practice" role model for technology education in both the lab and in classroom. Classroom content and technology skill building are seamlessly integrated to support core classroom content to meet/exceed National Technology Education Standards (NETS) and to support Common Core standards.
- The video will illustrate to current and prospective families the newly upgraded state of the art technology lab available at St. Mel and will provide a better understanding of the priority placed on preparing St. Mel students for success in a world that is powered by technology.
- While we do not know with specificity the educational and workplace challenges our children will face in the coming years, we do know that their future will be filled with evolving technology and the requirement to collaborate, create and solve problems. St Mel and Computer Explorers strives instill this ability to adapt and skillfully use technology tools to continuously learn and contribute in the future.
- Filming and interviews will be conducted over the next few weeks. You are welcome to be in attendance should you wish. We will keep you advised of the exact schedule as plans are finalized.
- Please complete the authorization form and indicate whether or not your child can/will participate.